PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats.. Hodgekin or alcohol? Scared..

Tiatyrah
29-01-18, 08:08
I have had night sweats 2 times now.. Last night I woke up being very hot and sweating. I'm terrified it's because of hodgekin! I did drink alcohol last night and I'm hoping my night sweat was because of that but it's also a symptom of hodgekin!

Anyone had the same? And with hodgekin, do you sweat every night? My anxiety was gone until last night :(

jojo2316
29-01-18, 08:35
Are you on any medication? I have had night sweats regularly since I began taking sertraline

Tiatyrah
29-01-18, 08:50
Not on any medication at all no..

WiseMonkey
29-01-18, 09:34
Hi,

Yep alcohol can make you sweat and so can anxiety. I've had sweating with anxiety in the past.

Hormonal changes can also cause sweating and just not during menopause.

You haven't got Hodgkins.

Annaboodle
29-01-18, 10:11
There is a massive difference between "night sweats" and sweating a bit at night. The night sweats people worry about is when your clothes and bedding are drenched - completely soaked through. Which are you talking about?

But yes alcohol causes sweating.

Tiatyrah
29-01-18, 11:12
No not drenched at all. My body was very hot and I felt very hot and my body was.. How do I explain it.. Damp? It wasn't dripping sweat.. Felt damp..

Fishmanpa
29-01-18, 12:06
No not drenched at all. My body was very hot and I felt very hot and my body was.. How do I explain it.. Damp? It wasn't dripping sweat.. Felt damp..

Normal.

Positive thoughts