PDA

View Full Version : Family

Zoe1990
29-01-18, 14:04
Hello there basically I am going through an awful lot with my family and get zero support from them at all.. I Have always been the out cast of my family i was mentally an physically abused at 16 years old :( Had no support and what has felt like no one to turn and talk to either as no one has ever been there at all.

I am forever feeling down and its getting to the point where i can not even go out on my own any more things are that bad things have started to get much worse with my feelings over the past few months.. I did try years ago with the Gp and got pushed away with no help but today i have finally pucked up the courage and made an appointment with the doctor so hoping that they can help me this time rather than just push me away!

I can not even go on public transport no more as i have panic attacks to the point where i have to get off as feels as though everyone is starring at me

I am honestly starting to hate feeling the way i do right now

Any advice would be appreciated

Violet Blue
29-01-18, 15:36
Hello Zoe

Well I feel so sad for you. Most people on here can identify with what you say re work, public transport, feeling pushed away, etc. However you've had to contend with child abuse too. :weep:

Well done making the doc appointment though! Huge step in the right direction. The doctor will have come across your condition many many times before, probably that day already, it's that common. Listen to what they suggest, and don't be fobbed off.

Keep in touch. :bighug1:

Zoe1990
29-01-18, 15:59
Yes each day has been very tough with having just pushing everything to the back of my mind and trying to forget but if i am honest it has made matter much worse! I am honestly fed up of feeling this way now :(

I certainly won't be letting the doctor fob me off today as this has taken a lot of courage for me to make this appointment today

I know its going to be very hard for me to open up again but luckily enough my best friend is coming with me to support me 100% and for that i am so thankful

Violet Blue
29-01-18, 16:50
Excellent. You're lucky with having a good friend. You need counselling to help you process past trauma, your surgery may have their own therapist, but as ever there will be a wait.

But courage, my dear, good luck with the appointment. Xxxx

Zoe1990
30-01-18, 14:46
Thank you I saw the Gp yesterday and the doctor was lovely she has put me on medication and has suggested councilling too I said i would let her know at the next appointment I think i will take it up if i am honest because i suppose i cant keep bottling everything up no more :(

I have a 5 year old son and cant keep putting on a fake smile when things are really getting me down to the point i cant even go out the house xxx

Violet Blue
30-01-18, 16:38
Brilliant Zoe. All the best. You're right, do what's best for you and your son and you'll soon be feeling better. Xxx