PDA

View Full Version : Just another marital problem...

belle
02-07-07, 17:22
My husband wants to go to Dubai with his mate for a holiday later on this year, probably around Oct/Nov. His friend travels there once a month for work, so he wouldn't have to pay for accomodation, flights or evening meals, just daytime food, plane tax and a little bit of spending money.

Obviously i don't do holidays at the moment, should i be p'd off that he's leaving me to go away or am i just being a miserable selfish old bitch?

Answers on a postcard to...

x

clickaway
02-07-07, 17:33
Hi Bluebell,

I know this is not an easy one, as there are a number of issues here.

On one hand you may feel your need your husband's support, but on the other hand a holiday will do him good and in a roundabout way that may do you good too.

None of us function properly without recharging our batteries. But how do you feel about him going on a "freebee" to somewhere like Dubai when you are stuck there? Perhaps you could sweet talk him into giving you a big treat to make up for it.

:hugs:

yorkylover
03-07-07, 13:56
I dont think your being selfish.My partner went to spain for 4 days while I was poorly.He went with his sister.I missed him,but I also wanted him to enjoy himself as I knew I couldnt have gone and so why should he miss out.
I had my parents around,but you maybe worried about not having your support around you.We will all be here for you.:hugs:

eeyorelover
03-07-07, 14:50
Ok and if you are being a little selfish - SO WHAT:winks:

We all deserve to think of ourselves now and again - there isn't anything wrong with that!!

Doesn't make you a 'bitc@' - it makes you human - LOL

I know that if my hubby were offered a trip like that I couldn't go (WAY to far away from my comfort zone!!) and I'd be peeved and a little (ok alot!!) jealous that he could just go and I couldn't!!!

Don't be hard on yourself hunny - it's natural for you to feel this way. It's what you do with those feelings that is important. Don't call him an uncaring a@@hole and you are fine :D

xxxxxxx
Sandy

Southern_Belle
03-07-07, 15:35
Hi Bluebell,

It depends on how he is treating you these days. Are things better at home? If this is truly a holiday for him and by the way did he even ask how you felt about it? I would say be happy for him. If things aren't better and he just told you he was going that would be a different story. I would not appreciate that at all. I agree with Ray we all need to get away from it all if we are able to do so but I always think it is better with our partner's support. I know you will do fine on your own, you are so strong.

Laura

trac67
03-07-07, 17:48
Hiya

I would feel the same as you, jealous that he could go and I couldn't but also I would want him to go to give him a break.

Tell him he can go as long as he brings you back loads of jewellry as its soooo cheap out there lol

Love

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
03-07-07, 19:28
Hi Blue,
I Would Say Let Him Go And Be Happy For Him........when My Hubby Was Alive I Always Told Him Never Let Me Hold You Back From Any Traveling Ect.......why Should I Steal His Joy...he Was There To Always Support Me And I Felt Bad If He Didnt Go Which I Dont Think He Ever Did Go To Far ......not To Sound Harsh Hope It Didnt But Im Sure You Know What Im Saying..................linda Xx