PDA

View Full Version : EXTREME sensitivity to sunlight

HullSimplibus
30-01-18, 10:40
I am extremely sensitive to sunlight, to the point where it actually hurts to look i the direction of the sun, whether it be directly at it or just in the same direction. I find myself squinting my eyes and finding it hard to adjust. But with artificial light, it is fine. I can adjust as normal and have barely any sensitivity to it. Does anyone know what this could be ?

Carys
30-01-18, 11:30
What colour are your eyes?

Annaboodle
30-01-18, 15:36
Light coloured eyes such as blue, grey or green are more sensitive to sunlight. But I think what you're describing is normal anyway. Most people are sensitive to sudden light such as walking out into sunshine after being inside. I don't know anyone who is sensitive to artificial light (it's created to be comfortable after all) so this is normal too.

Fishmanpa
30-01-18, 16:42
Light coloured eyes such as blue, grey or green are more sensitive to sunlight. But I think what you're describing is normal anyway. Most people are sensitive to sudden light such as walking out into sunshine after being inside. I don't know anyone who is sensitive to artificial light (it's created to be comfortable after all) so this is normal too.

Exactly and that why sunglasses were invented :)

Positive thoughts

Carys
30-01-18, 16:50
Well, yeah, my sister and I have grey eyes and are very sensitive to sunlight, thats why I asked about eye colour. Not even just sunlight, but if its foggy and bright or has been snowing, or sometimes even on cloudy days that are quite reflective in quality of light. My eyes water badly in sunlight and always have, and my face is screwed up. Sunglasses are on most of the summer...and yes...I'm fine indoors :D