PDA

View Full Version : Upper mouth palatte

lelespears
30-01-18, 14:25
I had what was thought to be an abscess last week and a tooth pulled last Monday, during this time the upper palette of my mouth felt infected.. swollen hot and throbbing. I was finally put on anti bios last Wednesday and the pain has leaned greatly. One side of my pallette feels better and back to normal the other side (where tooth was pulled) is better pain wise but the roof still feels numb. Which is weird?! I’m worried it’s cancer and this whole time I’ve been wrong. What if its mouth cancer or thyroid cancer that’s spread. Why would my palette feel numb still?

lelespears
07-02-18, 21:56
Still one side near where the tooth was pulled it still feels numb. I’m too scared to google I’m scared it’s mouth cancer

Mindprison
08-02-18, 01:06
Have you been back to the dentist and told them about it? Surely it would be better to get advice from them than us?

You had a legitimate reason for the pain and numbness, an abscess and tooth that needed removed. It may be that your mouth is still recovering.

I'm not sure how you made the jump to cancer from that. You are correct not to google however, it will tell you that closing a door on your finger would probably give you some form of rare cancer.

If it's bugging you or isn't getting better, the best thing to do is go back to your dentist and tell them, it'll take them 5 minutes to check your mouth and tell you what's wrong instead of making yourself suffer with worry for weeks on end.