PDA

View Full Version : dot on finger??? Blood blister or melanoma?

robin321
30-01-18, 16:50
Last night I noticed a small, almost, dark circle on the tip of my finger. It is maybe a cm.

At first I thought it was a wine stain (I was having a glass of red wine) but it did not rub off.

The other day I did hurt my hand while chopping ice. I have two small cuts on that finger. My hope is that it is a blood blister - although it is flat.

Researching, it looks like that. But I can also convince myself it is skin cancer and I feel like I am panicking. I made an appointment with my therapist but it is only Thursday.

In a panic, I started to be tempted to rip the whole thing off. I did start to scratch at it, but nothing happened. I will try to leave it now.

In 2014 I had a very similar scare. That one was on my thumb. Two days later, it hardened and I peeled it off. I really hope this is the same! Patience is not my virtue.

robin321
30-01-18, 16:54
I have attached a photo. I am not sure if it works.

Fishmanpa
30-01-18, 16:59
Cancer doesn't pop up out of nowhere. So based on that and hurting your hand, what is the logical explanation.

No "yeah but's" in reply please :lac:

Positive thoughts

robin321
30-01-18, 17:10
Thank you. Yeah but.... :ohmy:

Maybe I just didnt notice it before?

Elen
30-01-18, 17:47
Please read the below post from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Carys
30-01-18, 18:34
The other day I did hurt my hand while chopping ice. I have two small cuts on that finger.Basically, what Fishmanpa said, but in more words.....cos that is my way :D

You've stated here exactly the reason you have this black mark on your finger. Skin cancer just DOES NOT appear suddenly one day, so how can this possibly be melanoma?

Reassure yourself; you have a logical explanation for what happened, there has been a slight bleed under the skin from hurting your hand. I honestly don't understand, considering how you have even had this before, that you could question what caused this. By the way, that isn't a cm, more like 2-3 mm across.

In 2014 I had a very similar scare.

You remember the year you had a blood blister?

Hope this helps (and bet it peels off the same as the last)

robin321
30-01-18, 19:36
Thank you Carys. I have covered it up for now with a bandaid and will try not to focus on it. Researching it all day on Google has driven this panic!
You know how health anxiety is... it isn't logical. It hinges on the 'yeah but.." (as Fishmanpa said) or the "yes, but what if...".

For Admin... this is my only post in months and months, so I am not sure what that warning is. I have no other posts related to this.

Carys
30-01-18, 19:52
I didn't recall seeing your name on here recently. Must be a mix-up.

CHELLEB1017
30-01-18, 20:37
For sure blood blister! Looks identical to the one I had and one my son had a few months back! Literally could be a picture of what I had!

robin321
01-02-18, 15:46
Thanks for the reply! Thank thank you Chel. I sure hope so!
I see my therapist today. This has really thrown me for a loop. I keep checking it. I want to try to pick it off, or scratch it off. I tried a bit, and it doesn't seem to want to come off right now. I am getting panic attacks! I really hope it is just dried blood under my skin.

Carys
01-02-18, 15:51
I really hope it is just dried blood under my skin.

Bet it is!:winks:

robin321
02-02-18, 09:43
Hi! Well it came off!!!! A week of worry for nothing. Thank you everyone. It was just a blood blister.

Carys
02-02-18, 09:44
Yep, that's exactly what it looked like. Save yourself a week of worry next time :D

Fishmanpa
02-02-18, 12:46
Hi! Well it came off!!!! A week of worry for nothing. Thank you everyone. It was just a blood blister.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohjUSrOGTbXaU6BO0/giphy.gif

From your friendly neighborhood "Told ya so" gang :winks:

Positive thoughts