PDA

View Full Version : Worrying blood in poo (sorry tmi)

Munchlet
31-01-18, 08:20
Firstly I apologise for TMI in this post!

So I'm now going into day five on a tummy bug. Yesterday I felt much better, managed to eat bland foods and actually felt hungry, no temp for a couple of days and headache was finally subsiding.

So I stuck to the soup, bread banana and rice cake type food and went to bed feeling good as I'd only had one small bout of diarrhoea early in the morning and then a further bowel movement which appeared to be getting more back to normal.

About 3 this morning I woke needing the loo. I went and whilst it wasn't a normal motion it appeared more formed and I thought it was ok as it will take a while to normalise so wasn't too concerned.

I then woke a couple of hours later went to toilet again, this time loose with mucus and blood and I really felt like I was straining to go, this has happened again about an hour ago and there's definitely blood and mucus in it.

So now I'm worrying. I do have piles and obviously due to the amount of times I've been to the loo over the last few days I feel sore and they could possibly be playing up but I'm thinking the worst as always!

I'm just so annoyed that I felt like I was turning a corner yesterday only to go back to square one last night.

I've rung the GP as she was asking about blood and mucus when I spoke to her Monday and just waiting on a call back but just feel like I've never going to feel normal again.

Anyone else had this with gastroenteritis I know from my previous post they can go on for longer than the 1-2 days that I originally thought they lasted as others have had similar but now this is setting me off again.

Elen
31-01-18, 08:25
Please read the below post from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen