PDA

View Full Version : runny stools for a month -anyone else?

tan235
01-02-18, 00:49
I was recently diagnosed as having H Pylori - took bloody horrible antibiotics now continue to have bad stools, anyone else ever had this for a month - every morning my stomach gurgles away and my stools are soo loose it's horrible... worried I have something way worse than H Pylori ... tell me your stories - how did you stop it?

Missjensen
01-02-18, 01:00
It’s normal to get a runny tummy when taken antibiotics, you should go to the pharmacy and get some probiotics, that should give back some of the bacteria the antibiotic has killed.

Fishmanpa
01-02-18, 01:08
Yeah... I've been on two antibiotics for a bad stomach virus that caused intestinal inflammation. One for 7 days and one for 10 days. They kicked my stomach's rear... Ugghhh :wacko: Thankfully, I took my last dose tonight and things will calm down soon.

Positive thoughts

au Lait
01-02-18, 02:05
That’s a common side effect of antibiotics, unfortunately. Maybe try a probiotic and see if that helps.

Fishmanpa
01-02-18, 02:17
That’s a common side effect of antibiotics, unfortunately. Maybe try a probiotic and see if that helps.

Yeah... good suggestion. The doctor told me to do that and have been doing that but still... It just takes time.

Positive thoughts

tan235
01-02-18, 07:51
I"m on probiotics and the specific one for runny poop!
It seems I'm mega loose in the morning and then constipated in the afternoon - so weird, I guess it's not c diff!

pulisa
01-02-18, 08:33
How can you have diarrhoea in the morning and then be constipated in the afternoon?

WiseMonkey
01-02-18, 08:36
Hi,

It sounds more like IBS as that can have mixtures of diarrhea and constipation. Anxiety in the morning can also cause the runs. Nup, it's not c-diff (wrong symptoms)!

I think it will run it's course (no pun intended). These symptoms don't indicate anything serious x

WiseMonkey
01-02-18, 23:40
tan235
Intermediate Member

Really scared, need some help
Hi Guys,
So I had H pylori, took antibiotics but doubt that they worked.
Now i have diaherra - I've had it every day for 2 months - always in the morning only one but I'm starting to lose weight now, my mouth is always dry and I'm terrified as to why it wont stop.
I've eaten bland foods and high fibre, low figure, insoluble fibre, soluble fibre, taking probiotics and eating yoghurt - I"m doing everything I can and nothing is working.
I think I have c diff, but I'm even more worried that this is actually killing me.
That having diaherra this long is NOT healthy adn I can't seem to fix it.
This is the first time I've really had an issue adn I'm coping - any advice?
My dr has booked me in for a gastroscopy on the 26th Feb ... but I can't cope. I'm losing it.

Hi Tan,

Good that you are having a gastroscopy, they will be able to tell if the Hpylori has gone as they will do biopsy. This will also rule out a stomach ulcer as well. Are you having the gastroscopy done privately? It's a really easy procedure, they numb your throat and then give you an injection so you can interact but not remember anything. So don't worry about the procedure x

ps. don't take any PPI's before you have the gastroscopy as they can mask Hpylori. Zantac is fine though.

Elen
02-02-18, 06:47
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1760556#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

WiseMonkey
02-02-18, 07:10
Hi,

I took Tan's last post and put it here on her original thread.
Hope that's ok.

tan235
05-02-18, 01:41
Hey guys, thanks for your support, I've been posting a couple of times but it keeps getting deleted and finally found my old post! YAY!
So I got the C diff test done and it came back negative which is a relief, of course my mind thinks it's a false negative, but I'm hoping that now that that fear is done and dusted I might be able to bulk up my stool.... Yes it's definitely IBS but I need some bulking!
I hope it happens soon, anyone else had runny stools for a long length of time? x