PDA

View Full Version : Gum disease?

Alowen
01-02-18, 07:15
I have some pretty bad gum recession on one of my bottom front teeth and mild recession on the ones around it. I went to the dentist for a cleaning about a year ago and he never said anything about it? He did take an x-ray for my wisdom teeth though. Could I have gum disease? I'm going to the dentist in a few week but I'm panicking about having to get my gums deep cleaned every couple of months if it is periodontitis. Does anyone have any experience about periodontitis or gum recession?

motox&mascara
01-02-18, 08:23
I have the gum recession on my bottom front teeth, I actually didn't realise what it was until my partner started lecturing me about it.

Sorry I dont have any advice so not much help as I need to book in a dentist appointment to get mine looked at too, but I just make sure in the meantime to brush, gargle with mouthwash and floss to try stop it getting any worse...I can't afford implants right not that's for sure.

Good luck with the dentist - I'm sure you will be fine :)

ryan0987
01-02-18, 10:22
I didn’t take care of my teeth and gum when I was younger so I had pretty bad recession. I had to get my gum deep cleaned a few times. I am super vigilant about my teeth now, and my gum is now in quite good shape.

My recession and dental pockets were very bad (deep), and I didn’t have to have deep cleaning on an ongoing basis. Normally the deep cleaning is only around the affected area and often 1 or 2 sessions will be enough. Furthermore the dentist will numb your gum completely so you won’t feel much (or anything really) during the procedure.

Dentists deal with anxious patients all the time. Let your dentist know you’re anxious, and they should do their best to make the experience okay. All the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk