PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the flu or something else?

Hypo27
01-02-18, 16:55
I woke In in the middle of the night with my stomach hurting. Nothing to bad but enough to wake me up. This morning I had diarrhea and now I have the chills, my eyes and nose are burning and I just feel unwell. I’m not sure if I have a fever or not because I’m at work. I’m starting to ache in different spots and throat feels phlegmy. Thanks everyone for your previous response in my previous thread.

Missjensen
01-02-18, 17:08
I actually don’t known if the flu can make the stomach turn.. but either way it sounds like a stomach bug, you should go home from work and say in bed for some days :hugs:

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

This is the symptoms.

Influenza appears at sudden fever (above 38 ° C or 100.400 ), muscle aches, chills, headache, sore throat and sometimes vomiting and diarrhea. The disease typically lasts for 2-7 days.

So It may be the flu, either way, you should go home.

Hypo27
01-02-18, 17:26
[QUOTE=Missjensen;1761459]I actually don’t known if the flu can make the stomach turn.. but either way it sounds like a stomach bug, you should go home from work and say in bed for some days :hugs:

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

This is the symptoms.

Influenza appears at sudden fever (above 38 ° C or 100.400 ), muscle aches, chills, headache, sore throat and sometimes vomiting and diarrhea. The disease typically lasts for 2-7 days.

So It may be the flu, either way, you should go home.

I’m trying to leave work now. I’ve heard this years flu is the worst it’s ever been. I’m wondering if I need to go to the er or not. I read it’s best to go as soon as possible. I feel like complete crap right now..

Carys
01-02-18, 17:28
I’m wondering if I need to go to the er or not. I read it’s best to go as soon as possible.No you don't need to go to ER. Go home, take your temperature and see how you feel after some paracetamol. If everybody who had flu went to ER there would be queues down the road for miles!

Hypo27
01-02-18, 17:39
No you don't need to go to ER. Go home, take your temperature and see how you feel after some paracetamol. If everybody who had flu went to ER there would be queues down the road for miles!

Thank carys for all your helpful advice! What worries me is the people dying from this flu strain. I know a lot of them are mostly elderly and those with compromised immune systems but still their are those who are not in that category. Anyone read the story about the 16 year old girl?

Carys
01-02-18, 17:43
There have been stacks of flu threads this last week Hypo, and yes people have mentioned very rare cases (thats why they make the news, because of their rarity). What do you think they will do in ER if its flu, keep you there 'just incase' you are the 1 in a million who develops a complication?

Jueonone
01-02-18, 17:48
I had that the other day stomach cramps feeling cold and nose running and just felt I'll it's starting to feel better but taken a couple of days take care try and sleep and plenty of fluids

Hypo27
01-02-18, 17:50
There have been stacks of flu threads this last week Hypo, and yes people have mentioned very rare cases (thats why they make the news, because of their rarity). What do you think they will do in ER if its flu, keep you there 'just incase' you are the 1 in a million who develops a complication?

Yeah you’re probably right, but In my anxious mind I think I could be the rarity..

axolotl
01-02-18, 18:32
Yeah you’re probably right, but In my anxious mind I think I could be the rarity..

Carys isn't "probably" right, she's spot on!

And you know what, so what is your anxious mind says you could be the rarity? Say thanks for the advice, anxious mind, but you're talking rubbish!

Sorry to hear you're feeling crap, but we all get the lurg from time to time.

(And Carys, off topic, but I'm sorry to report my phone autocorrects your name to "Farts"!)

Carys
01-02-18, 18:41
Farts !!! FARTS !!!! That is entirely unacceptable, not even 'botty burps' or 'guffs' but a slang term like that. :roflmao:

jules321
01-02-18, 18:42
My doctor told me that influenza does not involve GI symptoms in adults but that sometimes it does in kids. Either way, go home and rest. No need for ER right now. Call your doctor when you get home and see if they want to prescribe you tamiflu.

Missjensen
01-02-18, 19:09
Actually the strain of flu is the same as always, there just is a epidemic right now. A normal non epidemic flu winter kills around 1500-2000 people every year in Denmark (population areound 5,5 million people) normally old, sick and fragile people. So I don’t think this is more deadly, just epidemic ish.

jules321
01-02-18, 23:55
How are you feeling, Hypo?

james.tierney.52
02-02-18, 18:13
That is the flu u have mate exact same symptoms as I had we still have a a bit heavy flu followed by throwing up and then this morning the diarrhoea this all over 3 week period has to be the worst flu I've ever had

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk