PDA

View Full Version : Took a new job in a school/daycare in hopes to help with HA, anyone have experience?

Leslie735
01-02-18, 19:27
I've been trying really hard the last 3 months to work on my HA without having to take medication (not that I have anything against it, I'm just too afraid of it) anyway, I've starting losing weight by healthy eating and exercise, surrounded myself with positive people, starting taking vitamins, going back to church and overall just trying to live a more positive life. I have been working from home for the last 6 years running a child care. I love what I do but I think apart of the reason I have such bad anxiety is because I'm home day in and day out, by myself with little kids. My husband is at work, my own kids are school, my friends are at work, family is at work. I think its contributing to my bad anxiety, gives me too much time to worry and google. SO ANYWAY, I started looking for jobs and landed myself a full time position as a pre school teacher. I'm pretty excited about it! I'm hopeful this will be good for my anxiety and not to mention help my husband bring in more $$. What I am concerned with though, is germs. I'm a bit of a germaphobe especially when it comes to the vomiting bug and the flu virus. I'm not too concerned with colds really but a little. Does anyone have experience working in a childcare/school setting? How often did you get sick? What was it like?

Another thing I'm a little concerned about and this is my anxiety talking.... Starting a new job I realize I won't be able to take off for a while because I'll be on probation and such. I'm fearful of having an anxiety situation crop up and cannot go see my doctor to get that reassurance. What do other HAers do in this situation?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your input/advice in advance!! :yesyes: