PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough of this HA waste of life

tamo
01-02-18, 21:05
OK i,m going to vent my feelings and tell you that I have came full circle on this constant fear and worry that is making me insane .
I am due to go for a CT scan next week following a long chest infection and a barrow load of antibiotics . The chest infection has cleared and the second one shows a bit fluid . After 3 opinions the main partner at the practice says this is routine and they are leaning more towards bronchitis / copd .
I,m done with the sleepless nights and sick feeling with worry .
At the end of the day we are all going to go one way or another so what they find they find , I cant change that , I will deal with whatever happens . I have the respiratory clinic at the end of the week I guess to talk about what the next move is . Probably lose 6 stone and change my lazy lifestyle and inhalers .

I am sick of constant health worry , its useless and makes me feel worse.

I will let you know how I get on then I am out of this site for life .

Thanks

Carys
01-02-18, 21:17
FANTASTIC ATTITUDE !!!! Love it. Everything you've said here screams 'I'm done with this' and I've had enough. I reckon you'll do it too.....I wish you the absolute BEST.:yesyes:

I am sick of constant health worry , its useless and makes me feel worse.You've had an epiphany moment, and those are rare but life-changing. I think you'll beat this easily now.

jojo2316
01-02-18, 21:18
Goodness I hope it goes well for you - both with the scan and with getting over anxiety!
Good luck!

WiseMonkey
01-02-18, 21:43
Hi,

Yep as you get older I think your view can change in regards to HA. I have it but not constantly, so I get a lot of good breaks in between.

I do have a few autoimmune conditions and they have been responsible for most (if not all) of my HA issues. The symptoms produced are always benign but can mimic more serious illness and that's my dilemma, I have to get them checked out just in case!

So, I look after my health, get the recommended yearly checks, bloods, mammogram and see my gynecologist. I exercise regularly (fast walk for an hour), eat healthily (chocolate is my vice), have given up alcohol and am a healthy weight. Plus I have a great partner and work part time.

My logical mind says, I do all that I can do for myself and that's enough, I just have to leave the REST alone. The REST is the HA. Anything else is outside of my control!

I try not to get triggered by reading others issues on here. I do find this site supportive, and I do like to help others where I can.

TAMO it sounds like you know what to do to improve your quality of life :)

countrygirl
01-02-18, 22:11
I too have had health conditions (officially diagnosed) that give me constant daily pain and symptoms since early 20's. These did not cause my health anxiety that was due to illness and death experienced as a young child but i am sure the constant daily symptoms aggravated my h a.

Weasley123
01-02-18, 23:35
Very good thinking I hope to get there

tamo
02-02-18, 08:12
Thanks for your support and kind words .

My last sentence was a bit harsh and I didn,t mean to demean the site .
What I mean is I am done symptom checking ,praying someone has the same etc .
There are a lot of kind people here ,some lonely and in need of company . Its just that I have sometimes found myself here for the wrong reasons .

I wish each and every one of you all the best . xxxxx

---------- Post added at 08:12 ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 ----------

In addition , looking back my old posts from 2007 ( i think ive said similar before ) nothing that I ever worried about ever happened , every symptom I had was either due to alcohol withdrawals and/or a flare up of anxiety .
Having said that anxiety/health anxiety is an illness in its own right and deserves more recognition by our health professionals . I remember one episode lasting months where I was almost housebound paralyzed by fear and panic . So YES I KNOW how debilitating anxiety can be and how this site is a God send for many .
I am simply at a point of accepting at 61 conditions (not necessarily life threatening) can arise more so than when I was 31 .

pulisa
02-02-18, 08:33
I wish you all the very best too, tamo. At our age we have to accept that we are more susceptible to health problems so all we can do is be vigilant within reason, attend regular screenings and not read stuff which will set off panic and worry needlessly. I'm not convinced that the HA board generally is helpful as regards managing HA but hopefully recent changes will improve things and there are some excellent threads which offer strategies and positive advice.
I think it would be nice to have a section for older people with HA but this would probably be too complicated to set up. Anyway, I wish you every success, tamo, and I hope you get some decent advice from the respiratory clinic and continued support if needed.

tamo
02-02-18, 09:56
Thank You Pulisa much appreciated .