PDA

View Full Version : Short-Term Memory

andrewjdavid2005
07-12-04, 17:31
Hi Everyone

I get quite abit of short-term memory lapses that worry me for instead sometimes i forget something within a few mintues or now and again forget a phone number that i just dialled.

I was wondering if anti-depresants can cause this as they are messing with the chemicals in your brain?

Is it true that depression symptoms can mimic brain disorder symptoms? as i have concentration problems now and again and also sometimes people talk to me and now and then what they say goes in one ear and out the other is this all totally normal?

I'm only 25 so i shouldnt worry too much but some days i just dont feel with it at all i feel like a zombie and cant be bothered to do anything at all.

another_adam
07-12-04, 18:46
yea i have short term memory problems and im a year younger than you and not on meds, well taking st johns wort.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">and also sometimes people talk to me and now and then what they say goes in one ear and out the other is this all totally normal?</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

yea happens to me all the time :)

seriously try not to worry about it, when i was on anti-depresants they did make me feel disonnected from reality (spaced out) at times.

Meg
07-12-04, 19:06
Yes they can cause this but also we are often so preoccupied with our internal issues that we don't concentrate on whats going on around us as much .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Rennie1989
07-12-04, 21:38
hiya

i get this, at the worse of times. it tends to happen when my teacher is explaining about coursework then i totally forget!!!!!

it must be anxiety if iv got it, lol

Scooter Girl

15 DAYS TO GO

stimpy
08-12-04, 22:00
Hiya

This sounds perfectly normal to me.

I have suffered with the same problems as well as dreadful concentration. It does get better with time.
I think because you spend so much time wrapped in panic it leaves you tired and it makes it harder to think of other things.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'