PDA

View Full Version : Woke up drenched in sweat.

Mav
02-02-18, 09:49
Idk how to feel. I have slept very little and about 3 hours into my sleep I woke up and I was drenched in sweat, I mean I truly was, my clothes still feel damp from half an hour ago when they were really wet under my arms, across my back and chest.

It's given me anxiety because night sweats were my worst fear during my lymphoma fear, but now I feel like there is no need to entertain those thoughts back up again. However I'm not totally over my health anxiety so drenching night sweats are like my worst fears realised.

Anyone get drenching night sweats for no reason?

DottyWood94
02-02-18, 10:05
I get night sweats when I'm due on my period and it's vile cause I wake dripping in sweat. Also I get sweats if I have a bad dream. It's nothing worry about though if you don't have a fever

Fishmanpa
02-02-18, 12:52
I've had drenching night sweats. The kind where your clothes (head to toe) and bedding are literally soaked and you have to change them. That's "drenching".

I've had what you describe most of my adult life and still have to this day several times a week. I often wake up and have to change my shirt and flip my pillow. Not pleasant but not sinister either.

Positive thoughts

cattia
02-02-18, 18:41
When I gave birth to my kids I had proper night sweats fir several weeks after (normal after giving birth because your body is getting rid of the excess fluid). It made me realise that the night sweats I'd worried about in the past were not in fact full on night sweats. Most nights I change my top if I wake up in the night because my chest and neck are damp. With these night sweats I was having to change the entire bed because it was like I was sleeping in a bath! I was soaked through and I had to sleep with towels under me as I would sweat through the sheets.

Mav
02-02-18, 21:48
Alright thankyou everyone, I got my mind off of it. I was rather wet, well my clothes were, probably the most I've ever been but Im not overly worried for some reason since I have zero symptoms and Im doing alright. Just trying to keep looking forward, thankyou for your kind posts as always XX