PDA

View Full Version : Breathing

Spitefultriful
02-02-18, 18:33
Hi, so this is my first post...

Over the past few years I've had a constant feeling of being out of breath. Even when I don't feel anxious at all, my airways feel really constricted. Its really lowered the quality of my life, I can't really go anywhere. I can never get a deep breath. I know it sounds weird but even laughing gives me a really tight pain in my chest. When I've been to the doctors about this, they basically say shortness of breath is a symptom of my anxiety...he said my lungs seem to be fine...

I was put on Escitalopram back in 2016 and it actually worked for a few months. My breathing felt a lot better, but I went off it and all these problems resumed. I'm currently on Sertaline but I've been on it over 3 weeks now and no improvement thus far...though I know it says it could take up to 6 weeks or so to show improvement. The only thing that I really feel is a problem is my breathing. The general feelings of anxiety I can handle but the constant 24/7 strained breathing is just torture to be honest. Its really frustrating and makes me exhausted all the time.

Does anyone else constantly feel out of breath?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this.

mariusstokka
02-02-18, 19:10
hey, i have the same. more easily out of breath than before, i can guess that when you don't think about it you breathe normal? Anxiety.

Buster70
02-02-18, 21:07
Hi , two years like it , it drives me insane , I have asthma so it's very difficult to know which is which , tight chest , tight throat , slight wheezing , as soon as I start to exert myself my chest and throat tighten up making it difficult to get air in , it's controlled my life for nearly two years and I can't see it going anytime soon ,sorry I don't have the miracle cure for you . Take care .

Bigboyuk
07-02-18, 19:09
Hi Spitefultriful Well TBH with you trust your dr that it is anxiety and seek some help get the anxiety under control your breathing will improve :) ATB