PDA

View Full Version : Pea-sized jawline lump, CBC fine. Need advice.

Bethel
02-02-18, 19:42
Hi everyone. I just had a CBC that a doctor ordered bc I've had this pea sized moveable lump on the right side of my jawline. I honestly can't tell if it's getting any bigger. Sometimes I think is had but it's hard to say since HA is a thing. CBC was totally clean, nothing weird.

My question is, can a CBC alone rule out cancer? Also, since I've noticed this thing for several months, it's unlikely that it's cancer or I would have had other issues, right? I know I'm asking for reassurance. Should I go had a ct scan or is that just a waste of money?

Both my dentist and my doctor seem totally unconcerned. :shrug:

Bethel
05-02-18, 17:03
Does anyone have advice? Should I get a CT scan orrr?

Carys
05-02-18, 17:58
Sorry, what is CBC?

Mindprison
05-02-18, 19:59
Carys, I believe CBC stands for Complete Blood Count. The US equivalent of our Full Blood Count.

To answer your quesiton Bethel. A CBC will have markers that will be tested by the lab. People who have cancer will more often than not have raised markers that will indicate a problem somewhere in the body.

There's also the fact that your doctor has said it's nothing to worry about, I don't see any reason to think otherwise.

Bethel
07-02-18, 18:50
Hi, Thank you both for the reassurance. I think I'm okay. You'd think I'd be pretty sick by now since I noticed it last September. It's just so hard to be okay with it.