PDA

View Full Version : Swollen lip

bingjam
03-02-18, 07:10
Hi all.

Basically I’ve woken up with a swollen top rip hand side lip. It’s freaking me out a lot.

It’s not painful but feels hard and tight.
I’m worried I’ve had a reaction to something not sure what and all my tongue and throat are going to swell up next.

Anyone got any insight to stop this panic I’m feeling right now??

Just to add I’m 27 and I’ve never had a reaction to anything in my life before

Also just to add I had lip fillers in November last year so is it possible it’s something to do with that even though it was 2 and a half months ago?

axolotl
03-02-18, 08:40
I'm afraid this isn't a medical advice forum and no-one's going to be able to answer this. Best see a doctor or pharmacist for advice (if it doesn't go down), but it doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

Carys
03-02-18, 09:45
I agree with Axolotl, pop into your pharmacist and ask their advice this am. Forgive me for saying this, but you know that lip augmentation always brings with it the possibility of a variety of ongoing problems.

The anaphylactic type reaction you refer to would have happened by now if you were going to have a swelling mouth/tongue throat.

bingjam
03-02-18, 15:23
Hi thank you for the replies.

I didn’t end up going to the pharmacy as it’s halved in size. It’s still clearly swollen but not as bad

After speaking to my husband about it this morning he said he thinks he remembers accidentally elbowing me in the face in the middle of the night, I’m a heavy sleeper so would have been non on the wiser.

Not sure if he said it to make me relax a little though. Just worried incase there’s some sort of infection going on there that popped up overnight and the infection will spread...... how could I come up with this. I have no idea.

axolotl
03-02-18, 15:41
If it's infected you'll notice, you'll see a doctor, they'll treat it :shrug:

Not worth worrying when you think about it.