PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

mmmalika
03-07-07, 19:54
Hi all,

I've recently discovered this site, it seems just fanstastic. Thank you !
I've been battling depression for 10 years (I'm 36).

I had cognitive behavioural therapy for 2 years, starting in 2000, and have been on one type of SSRI or another since: therapy and drugs have worked wonderfully - except the usual side-effects of course.

I did try to come off the drugs in 2004, but got back on them after a year with the depression flooding me once again. I've been on Citalopram since, on 40 mg now.

It seems to me that Citalopram has had an extremelly positive effect on me, making me, i feel, a lot more creative, and social. However, there are times when the despair and helplessness come back with a vengeance, which stops me from trying to come off the ssri.

I hope I've made myself clear enough !

If any one of you has been on Citalopram for a while, can you please tell me how you are living with it ?

Big kisses to all
Malika

nomorepanic
03-07-07, 20:07
Hi Malika

Just wanted to welcome you aboard and say hello.

You will meet some great supportive people on here and make some great friends.

Southern_Belle
03-07-07, 20:23
Hi Malika,

Welcome to NMP. I myself am not on that medication personally. I did try it but only briefly. I'm sure that there are others here who can answer your question though. I just wanted to tell you that there are many others here who feel exactly like you do and you aren't alone. You will get support from here.

Laura

Lindalou64
03-07-07, 22:23
hello malika and welcome no i havent been on those meds myself,but im sure there are many that have or are.........Linda

groovygranny
03-07-07, 23:04
Hello Malika :welcome:to you!

I was on Citalopram for 6mnths - terrible first few weeks then oh, relief! Worked a dream for me.

Plenty of help and support for you here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

manmoor
04-07-07, 11:20
Hi Malika,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Zanxiety
04-07-07, 15:19
Although I'm unfortunately not able to answer your question due to the fact that I've never taken Citalopram, I'd like to say hello give you a welcome to this supportive and friendly site.:)

trac67
04-07-07, 20:24
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

I have been on citalopram 10mg for around 9 years now apart from a 6 month break and they have really helped me :yesyes:

Love

Trac xxx

mmmalika
04-07-07, 22:11
Thanks to you all for your support and encouragement ! Warms my heart. Love

honeybee3939
05-07-07, 19:14
Hi Malika

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, i hope we can be of some help.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Pink Princess
06-07-07, 11:42
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx