PDA

View Full Version : Nodes in groin worry

Scared99
03-02-18, 14:53
Ok I am a long time HA sufferer! I had a bad bout of ha in 15 and 16 over melanoma. It was triggered by a mole that showed up on my right thigh. They removed it and it was diagnosed as an atypical spitz Nevis and was removed with clear margins. I googled spitz and went into a panic because it seems these are difficult to tell the difference between spitz and melanoma. I actually spoke to the dermatopathologist and he told me exactly why it wa diagnosed as an atypical spitz and not to worry.

Last night I felt near the top of my groin crease and notices a bump that moved around when i pushed on it. It was smsller than a pea and could feel a slightly smaller one on the other side. I think I remember freaking out over these bumps along time ago. I am fairly lean and there isn't much fat in that area. Is it normal to be able to feel nodes in that area??

ShaunRyder
03-02-18, 15:13
I can feel many nodes in my groins, I have one size of a pea which is moveable. You said you are quite lean and not much fat so you this why you can feel them more.

Mummybee
03-02-18, 22:09
I have the same worry at the moment
Like a pea, but longer shape.
Moves around but sticks out heaps more than other ones.
I hate HA

Scared99
04-02-18, 18:00
Mummy, that's the same feeling I have. I am pretty sure I have always had them because I know in the past when I shower I've freaked out over feeling them. Typical HA recycle something that I may have had for over a decade

wilky44
04-02-18, 19:57
My lymph node in my groin swelled dramatically when I got bitten by a tick last year. Its what started my HA off. It never went back to its normal size, so don't worry about them being different sizes, it's nothing to worry about. You'd know if it was swollen

elle95
05-02-18, 00:48
Hi @scared99 and all of you guys I'm 22 female and I also suffer from gad and health anxiety. I as well have a palpable lymph node in my groin, but that is not the only place I have them I also have like 3 in my neck and one in my armpit near my breast. Of course at first when I noticed them I freaked out and thought I had breast cancer or like a lymphoma I was so convinced I had it and then went to a doctor, had an ultrasound and they were less then 1 cm so the doctor told me that I have nothing to worry about. As you can see I have many swollen lymph nodes and most of these are painless but are movable.

The doctor that performed my ultrasound said that swollen and painless lymph nodes aren't necessarily something macabre, in fact most of the time they aren't specially if you're under 40 and also as long as they don't grow quickly and stay the same size for more than a year then you have nothing to worry since they're likely to be benign. Normal groin lymph nodes can be up to 2 cm!

Sammyeb27
05-02-18, 07:43
I have prominent groin nodes myself and the doctor didn't seem to care. I'm lean too so it may just come with our body type. The fact they are moveable and not fixed is a good sign if you are worried about cancer! (Trust me I was just worried about the same thing) apparently swelling of nodes can come from minor injuries and friction too I was told. The best option is to see a doctor but I really believe you're okay :)

Mummybee
05-02-18, 09:07
Doc wants to ultrasound my groin node because I found what she thinks may be a lipoma in my thigh near the node.
I’m panicking now that the node and the lump are related and it’s something sinister
I hate tests and waiting. The worst