PDA

View Full Version : Tingling giving me major anxiety

megsi99
03-02-18, 23:09
Hi everyone, I’ve had a headache the past few days and it’s in the same spot it always is, right temple.

I took a triptan + aleve this morning and it’s brought the pain from a 7 to a 2, but now my limbs and face sometimes feel tingly. I also have TMJ, so I’m not sure if it’s caused by that, my headache or TMJ. I had similar feelings a few months ago. I’m trying not to panic about it being a stroke or something sinister, but my anxiety is getting the best of me and I’m havibg a hard time calming down. Help.

Edit - I checked online for side effects, and here it is: Nausea, feelings of tingling/numbness, weakness, tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

Guess I’ll just deal and might avoid in the future.

Speranza
03-02-18, 23:24
I certainly get TMJ tingles sometimes. They are really scary but they always settle. Do you have a mouthguard you can wear?

You are fine. Put the radio on very low when you go to bed, so low that you have to really concentrate to hear it. That will get you to sleep. And you will feel better tomorrow.

Halle0587
04-02-18, 03:42
I have this as a new physical symptom. I was wondering how long it would last. It’s driving me nuts. Mine started as a headache also. I read it’s a symptom of TMJ and a physical symptom of anxiety. Mine comes and goes throughout the day. I read somewhere on here that it’s related to not breathing correctly. There was something about breathing for 11 seconds, holding for 3 and exhaling for 7. It helps. I’ve been like this for a week. I started walking, meditating with the clam app, and reading (self care.) It’s easing up but not completely gone. I asked my husband for a massage maybe that’ll do the trick! ��

WorriedTQ
04-02-18, 16:01
Hi
I had headaches for a couple of weeks over christmas. Fortunately those have passed apart from an intermittant pain every now and again. However I've been waking in the night with tingling in one or both arms. It goes away when I move but It's really been worrying me. I don't think it is there during the day ( sometimes I feel it but not sure if my mind is just playing tricks on me?) I am just terrifies about what is causing the tingling hands!! I've also had a slight dizzy feeling every now and again??

lyndau63
04-02-18, 21:04
I have had a feeling of pressure on the bridge of my nose and at the front of my head for a couple of weeks. Sometimes there is also head and face tingling. Some very kind people on here have been reassuring me and it seems possible it is anxiety. I know how hard it is to believe anxiety can cause so many physical symptoms.