PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks

jasking
03-07-07, 20:45
Hello

I have been suffering from panic attacks for about 8 years now and just lately they have become quite severe. When it first started the doctor put me on Seroxat but this did not suit so he then tried Lofepramime which worked vey well. I have been on and off of it since but this latest occurrance the Lofepramime has not worked and he has tried Sertraline then half enderal but none of them agreed with me so he has now put me on Diazepam. The symptoms that I have are breathlessness,dizziness,discomfort in my chest and the feeling that I am going to faint although I have never fainted. I had one episode which put me in hospital. I can have several attacks during the day and it can end up making me quite exhausted. The attack that put me in hospital was possibly a bad reaction to the Sertraline. Does anyone else have these kind of symptoms and are they just normal symptoms of panic attacks? When I have these attacks, they make me feel generally very unwell.
Thank you.
:blush:

Southern_Belle
03-07-07, 20:51
Hi Jasking,

Welcome to NMP. It sounds like you are having classic panic attacks. Many here feel exactly like you do and you will get alot of support.

Laura

Lindalou64
03-07-07, 22:21
hello jasking and welcome and yes ive had many episodes of panic for many yrs.........mainly the breathing and heavy chest also..............Linda

groovygranny
03-07-07, 22:52
Hello Jasking,:welcome:to you!

Really does sound like panic attacks.

You'll get plenty of help and support here!

Pleased to meet you!

:)

nomorepanic
03-07-07, 22:58
Hi and welcome

Have a good read of the website pages and you will realise you are not alone with this and they are typical anxiety symptoms.

Hope you get some support here.

Piglet
03-07-07, 23:15
A big welcome to you. :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

manmoor
04-07-07, 11:19
Hi Jasking,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Zanxiety
04-07-07, 15:30
A big hello and welcome to you Jasking. There's lot's of vital and useful information on this particular anxiety disorder on this site, and the symtoms you've mentioned are somne of the ones other members suffer when having panic attacks. I especially feel dizzy during a panic attack, so you're certianly not on your own with this.

You're seem like a fab member just like everyone else and a value to have on the forum. Hope to see you around, and feel free to PM one of us if you start to feel panicky as we can help you, or use the chat room which is good to help people suffering from panic attacks.:)

jasking
04-07-07, 17:46
Thanks everyone for your kind words and advice The site is very good and has realy good info

Jas. :)

honeybee3939
05-07-07, 19:35
Hi Jasking

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, i hope we can be of help:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Pink Princess
06-07-07, 11:55
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx