PDA

View Full Version : If you suffer With Anxiety , Do Not Drink Alcohol

tmckenzie-orr
04-02-18, 22:00
If you suffer with anxiety ESPECIALLY health anxiety, Please don’t drink any alcohol if you want a road for recovery then don’t bother not even 1-2 it ain’t worth it, this time last week I was pretty much in a state of rock bottom, I was constantly checking moles and in throat etc it ain’t normal now just 8 days of the drink I feel so much stronger and not checking I even looked at the same mole that was making me go in panic for days , and it’s not bothering me at all kind of bored of it, it hasn’t changed size or anything so what’s the point worrying abou stuff till there is something to worry about it’s just pathetic , it’s such a link with anxiety and drinking alcohol it just wears the body down and makes u over think etc, anyway hope your all well , Bit of a pointless post but i felt like sending it lol

Fishmanpa
04-02-18, 23:27
:yesyes: If you can handle it, more power to you. Most posting about it cannot. Good post T-orr!

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
05-02-18, 01:42
If you are doing fine and a few beers knocks you out of whack like this then it's no bad thing to adapt to that as you would something you stomach can't eat anymore.

It shows how chemical these disorders are. Alcohol spikes Serotonin and the more you drink, the more you spike. I suspect this is a very good reason why the next few days are a crash as your body has to restore natural balance.

The mystery is why some and not others.

somehelp2121
05-02-18, 04:36
I can certainly attest to the danger of alcohol for anxiety sufferers. If you drink to kill your anxiety you're creating a cycle that's hard to stop. The rebound effect of the central nervous system is horrible. So you drink more to calm you down. Then it wears off and your nervous system rebounds...

I know it's hard. Believe me I do. I'd stay tipsy all day just to fight off the panic attacks. Don't do it to yourself. Get help. Really listen to the advice and techniques others are giving you. Everyone's different so listen to lots of people. Personally Dr. Claire Weekes (look on YouTube) makes some good points. But find any videos you can and really focus on trying to apply their strategies. Don't just think it won't work. I totally get it's easy to be so lost in the waves that you can't hear the people on shore guiding you. If you can hear me though, it can get better!

tmckenzie-orr
05-02-18, 08:27
I love a good cold beer intact it’s one of my favorite things , but I over indulge and then get the worse hangovers for 2-3 days after I feel like crap and just have the worse anxiety and health anxiety , I felt terrible and constantly checking which I. Shouldn’t do, now the alcohol has worn off I need to stick it out and stay if it and remind myself how I feel when hungover, it’s so pathetic and boring really shouldn’t even be like this , Makes me angry with myself why I cannot be a normal person and enjoy stuff and be normal , I don’t really find posts on here s trigger they more annoy me of how silly people are and worry about nothing looking outside in so I will stick around on This forum try help people as that does make me feel good too , but people need to get out of a rutt of reassurance seeking as it’s so easy to do lol