PDA

View Full Version : Missed out on dream house

phil06
04-02-18, 22:50
I had an offer accepted on a property and the seller sold to someone else despite me putting a higher offer in he took about £6k less.

He sold to someone who already sold mine just went on market. Sadly there’s a lack of new builds in the area and this house was ideal for work now I have to either pay more for other areas or also have travel costs.

I feel quite flat. The agent told me I will get something better but I don’t believe it. :blush: my family said maybe the sale will fall through and he would get back to me but that’s unlikely?

Tyke
05-02-18, 01:02
I know exactly how you feel phil06. We missed out on several better houses while on the market as well as having people 'change their minds' about selling after we'd had the surveys paid for etc. People always say 'something better will turn up'. It didn't in our case and I wish people wouldn't say that, they've no idea whether it will or it won't! We now live in an area a few miles from where we really wanted to be, even though the house itself is nice, our prefered location would have been far more convenient for us. With moving costs, stamp duty etc, that's it for us now. The problem in our area is the dwindling number of available properties and rising prices. We felt if we didn't move at all we would struggle to even get into the less desirable area we ended up in! Having seen the way the market went since, I think this was true. Moving on is awful and people will always prefer a buyer who as actually sold as the longer the process goes on the more chance it has of going wrong.

On the positive side, you haven't moved on yet, so you don't know what will be around when you get a buyer. It may not be the dream house, but it might not be a total disaster either. Whatever happens, you don't have to move to somewhere if it really doesn't suit you. It is also true that many house purchases do fall through - approximately a third in the UK, so it really could come back on the market and as you were able to offer a better price you are in a good position.

Best of luck
Tyke :)

axolotl
05-02-18, 09:44
Ugh, house-buying is such a horrible process - I swear it could be made so it's less stressful than it is.

We lost a number of houses when we were buying, some of which we loved, but we eventually got something that in fact was the best of the lot. I know it sounds hard, but you just have to not get too attached to an individual house, and it may take time but something will come up. It's a stressful process though and I'm in no rush to do it again!

Bigboyuk
05-02-18, 11:46
Phil I am sorry that this has happened but in fairness to you by moving I personally don't think it would solve your OCD problems, and that's why you wanted to move in the long term do correct me if Iam wrong :) ATB

phil06
05-02-18, 21:22
Phil I am sorry that this has happened but in fairness to you by moving I personally don't think it would solve your OCD problems, and that's why you wanted to move in the long term do correct me if Iam wrong :) ATB

I have other reasons like the neighbours too.

I just feel very stressed and anxious that I now don’t have a property to go to view nothing has come on that’s good I know how that works with buying and selling but I just wish I had another house lined up :blush:

Bigboyuk
05-02-18, 21:33
I have other reasons like the neighbours too.

I just feel very stressed and anxious that I now don’t have a property to go to view nothing has come on that’s good I know how that works with buying and selling but I just wish I had another house lined up :blush: Yeah sure I understand that too :) Just give it more time something will pop up soon ATB

phil06
06-02-18, 21:41
Update

Went to view more today some we were too far from bus stops or too small. I can walk to work at the moment the house I missed out on I could walk too.

Sadly I’m considering taking house off market as it’s too stressful and I missed out on that house? Anybody give me any advice on what to do?

phil06
10-02-18, 15:27
Update a week later looked at loads of houses none suitable too small or too far from work.

Thinking of taking house off market and giving up on moving? Any ideas?

phil06
11-02-18, 09:29
I stay in a flat and the neighbors have got even more noisey since for sale sign went up :blush:

phil06
13-02-18, 14:29
Update I might just take it off market and wait for the same street to come up I missed out on

Is this a good idea? I like the location where I am and other street is close by?

Bigboyuk
13-02-18, 14:50
Phil seeing as you have serious OCD issues about contamination etc I personally wouldn't look for another property just yet as those issues will follow you around where ever you go till you GET help. Not going to give you any advice on how to get help with your OCD as I have done this quite a few times to no avail. And folks I aren't being funny but feel this had to be said which It has been its now over to Phil to decide his next step ATB

phil06
13-02-18, 15:44
Phil seeing as you have serious OCD issues about contamination etc I personally wouldn't look for another property just yet as those issues will follow you around where ever you go till you GET help. Not going to give you any advice on how to get help with your OCD as I have done this quite a few times to no avail. And folks I aren't being funny but feel this had to be said which It has been its now over to Phil to decide his next step ATB

But I’m not moving because of ocd I have a flat and wanted a house for more quiet noise levels. I never said if I moved the ocd would go away. :unsure:

Bigboyuk
13-02-18, 16:07
But I’m not moving because of ocd I have a flat and wanted a house for more quiet noise levels. I never said if I moved the ocd would go away. :unsure:Sure my apologies mate :) You can report excessive noise levels to the council you know much less stressful than moving out ;) ATB

phil06
14-02-18, 22:36
Had offer on my house today but going to knock it back due to not getting other house I was just going to wait for that street to come up again.

Reason is everything else I looked at is too small or wrong location.

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

So basically I might just come off the market.

phil06
27-02-18, 22:08
I had an offer accepted before I sold on ideal house and it fell through as I never sold I’ve now sold and can’t find anything so have to rent which is vey disappointing as it’s expensive and I’m moving to a flat that’s losing a garden.

I’ve viewed lots of houses but none are suitable locations or size despite me having a good budget.

The agent out flyers out on the street I want but heard nothing back so nobody wants to sell so looks like I may regret selling :ohmy::blush:

venusbluejeans
27-02-18, 23:26
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

.Poppy.
28-02-18, 18:03
I'm sorry Phil. That must be incredibly stressful.

My lease is coming to and end this summer and I'm currently in a similar area as you - I really want to buy so that I can stay in one place for awhile and I can have my dog without worrying about pet rent, landlord approval, etc. But I'm just not really finding anything. I may have to rent again, which is disappointing, but am afraid I'll sign a new lease and then something will come on the market to rent. It really sucks too when homes become available but someone else is able to swoop in and buy them because they have the money to do so. I've been looking at fixer-uppers because they're cheaper and my dad has the skills to help me out, but it seems fixing up houses is trendy right now so everyone wants to do it.

Could you do a month-to-month lease somewhere, so that if something comes available you can buy without worrying about your rental?

phil06
04-03-18, 10:41
Has anybody here with ocd moved home if so how did you cope?

*I worry things will get damanged and I may have to replace.

*Im moving twice as im renting then buying another house so I worry I need a different van each time so the surfaces are not the same.

*I worry about certain things going in the van for example the snow shovel as dog poo may be on it if you can’t see it properly in the snow. The bathroom mop is another one I worry about transporting due to germs. The wash basket I may have to leave behind

So yes over all it’s stressful I have lots of ocd in this house already but the actual move I don’t want to end up replacing lots of stuff due to worrying which surfaces it touches. I worry how clean the removal vans are and if they have had rubbish in them this causes me ocd. :blush:

nomorepanic
04-03-18, 11:07
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

phil06
04-03-18, 11:26
Ok first topic about missing out on house isn’t related to my ocd issues.

Bigboyuk
04-03-18, 13:16
OK well here's few tips! Ok germs are every where in the air around us the things we touch daily and some are very benifical to us for survival FACT :) regarding mops they are dirty things and old hat now so invest in s steam mop they are brill and will kill 99.9999999 % of germs as steam is generated at 100C or 212F germs cant survive that heat and you aren't spreading germs around on the floor, Laundry invest in some Dettol Laundry cleaner for every wash even kills 99.9999999 % of germs on a 30C wash the ultimate tip is to let members help you on here even Admin have said they will help you find services/charities in your area that can help. Once the cycle has been broken you can start to recover :) ATB

Phuzella
04-03-18, 15:20
I'm surprised Phil has a mop actually.

Bigboyuk
04-03-18, 15:25
I Used to have one but switched to a steam mop far better cleaner and the floor is dry within mins :) what makes you say that Phuzella? ATB

Phuzella
04-03-18, 15:41
I always think of them as dirty things. I'm probably thinking back to the days when they were dunked into a bucket of water that had all the muck off the floor in. I agree about the steam mop. Or floor wipes. Phil talks about the problem he has with wet bathroom floor which is easily solved too.

phil06
04-03-18, 15:54
I always think of them as dirty things. I'm probably thinking back to the days when they were dunked into a bucket of water that had all the muck off the floor in. I agree about the steam mop. Or floor wipes. Phil talks about the problem he has with wet bathroom floor which is easily solved too.

Yes I use to use a mop and bucket and ditched that for a floor swifter mop which you put a floor wipe on this is my worry not a mop.

I sold my stream mop as the the pads got dirty and it was taking me ages to clean the floor and I felt the wet floor wipes gave a fresher smell. :huh:

Phuzella
04-03-18, 16:01
Wet floor wipes are good as you can chuck em away . They kill lots of germs so the floor is clean. I actually don't use em with a mop, just by hand. Mops annoy me as have a tiny house with nowhere to put one : D .
Have you sorted the bathroom floor issue? I mean it getting soaked all the time.

phil06
04-03-18, 17:15
Wet floor wipes are good as you can chuck em away . They kill lots of germs so the floor is clean. I actually don't use em with a mop, just by hand. Mops annoy me as have a tiny house with nowhere to put one : D .
Have you sorted the bathroom floor issue? I mean it getting soaked all the time.

Yes I manage to come out shower only when I get dried so it’s only bit of moisture or drips so hopefully that keeps smell down I even stand on kitchen roll and dry my feet..floors must get slightly wet with everyone’s shower when they come out and step onto a floor anyway? :huh:

Phuzella
04-03-18, 17:23
Why not get a bath mat to step out onto? You can get thick ones that don't let much water through. Kitchen roll to dry your feet sounds fiddly and means you'll be buying loads of kitchen roll. Do you have a bath to drape a bath mat over when you've stood on it? So it can dry out between showers.
Also open windows a bit when possible to air the bathroom.

phil06
04-03-18, 23:27
Why not get a bath mat to step out onto? You can get thick ones that don't let much water through. Kitchen roll to dry your feet sounds fiddly and means you'll be buying loads of kitchen roll. Do you have a bath to drape a bath mat over when you've stood on it? So it can dry out between showers.
Also open windows a bit when possible to air the bathroom.

Yes I considered a bath matt but worried in case any toilet tissue touched it so would worry about others using it with germs ect.

The flat im moving to the bathroom doesn’t have a window but maybe it has a cord to let the stream out

MyNameIsTerry
05-03-18, 01:54
Well done for stopping yourself getting out of the shower multiple times, Phil! :yesyes::yahoo:

Keep breaking the compulsions.

Bigboyuk
05-03-18, 10:28
Yes good work Phil:D I hate any rooms with out windows in :eek: so dark and dingy. Any way I would check in case their is a extractor fan that comes on when the light is on. if not get one fitted, not sure why you went for a another flat with out windows in the bathroom? Have you signed the paper work yet? ATB

phil06
07-03-18, 00:37
I’m worried about removal men touching or damaging my stuff. Like if the sofas were upside down and hit the ground I might not want to use them. So do I get a man with a van and help or do I get two men to do the move?

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

Yes good work Phil:D I hate any rooms with out windows in :eek: so dark and dingy. Any way I would check in case their is a extractor fan that comes on when the light is on. if not get one fitted, not sure why you went for a another flat with out windows in the bathroom? Have you signed the paper work yet? ATB

I have a window at the moment and the flat am going to has no windows in bathroom. Yep signed paper work it’s a short term let so it’s ideal for that.

---------- Post added 07-03-18 at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was 06-03-18 at 23:59 ----------

I will be carrying stuff up there flights of stairs so I’m worried I will feel weak and faint that day as when I went out snow shovelling I felt weak?

phil06
11-03-18, 22:14
Well the big move is on next week doing it with family rather than removal men

I felt anxious today but it passed but it’s stressful knowing I have to do two movies.

I can’t seem to find another house or decide on one too as I can’t decide if u should buy ex council or newer built but smaller also not sure how I feel
Or can financially afford two buses to work if I move out with the area?

The private rental is one bus trip rather than me walking. I’m not sure what price range I should go for ect :blush:

Anybody else been this stressed with moving? I don’t think it’s good for people with ocd and anxiety as it makes it worse

phil06
14-03-18, 21:22
I found another house to buy it doesn’t have two bathrooms but offers some of what other house offered. Bad news is I have to replace the bits of the kitchen but I’m stressed as I have to move twice in 5 weeks!

phil06
18-03-18, 14:54
I’m getting anxious and feeling all spaced out like I can’t cope with the idea of moving as it’s a big life event anybody got any tips? I don’t feel positive about moving ?:blush:

Phuzella
18-03-18, 15:52
Moving house is very stressful. You just have to get on with it :)

phil06
24-03-18, 21:47
I’ve bought a house that needs a new kitchen so I’m stressed about the cost of it. It’s a few grand for full refit and if I just change doors and work top that’s a grand by the time I buy new white goods.

The work top has an intergrated cooker and boiler goes under im worried when I get work done it won’t be done right and worry about the gas?

I’m due to go on holiday in a few weeks and not looking forward to it. I move again a week later. I just moved to this private let a week ago so still very stressed.

The kitchen isn’t the best but rest of house is ok I just need it fixed up a don’t want a cowboy doing the work :ohmy:

phil06
24-03-18, 22:33
Moving house is very stressful. You just have to get on with it :)

Yes I got one move out the road but I feel like a zombie as in 4 weeks I have to move again I just don’t feel myself and feel anxious all the time :blush:

Cherryade
26-03-18, 18:13
I'm a bit confused. If you are moving again why are you refitting your kitchen? And even more so, if it is a private let? Surely the landlord should be doing that?

clarisse
26-03-18, 18:28
Phil is talking about his kitchen in the next place Cherryade.

If you get a reputable Carpenter and a Corgi Registered Gas fitter Phil they will do a good job. Trading standards approved trades men have a logo. You can also check up on Trust Pilot to how they perform.

phil06
26-03-18, 18:32
Phil is talking about his kitchen in the next place Cherryade.

If you get a reputable Carpenter and a Corgi Registered Gas fitter Phil they will do a good job. Trading standards approved trades men have a logo. You can also check up on Trust Pilot to how they perform.

Yes you can also get sticky plastic wrap for work tops is this work a go and refit full kitchen when I can afford it?

pulisa
26-03-18, 19:34
I would say put the new kitchen on hold. You've got more than enough on your plate with the move.

I've had the same kitchen for 30+ years. The most important thing is to manage your anxiety especially with a bipolar diagnosis and a dodgy meds regime.

phil06
26-03-18, 20:16
I would say put the new kitchen on hold. You've got more than enough on your plate with the move.

I've had the same kitchen for 30+ years. The most important thing is to manage your anxiety especially with a bipolar diagnosis and a dodgy meds regime.

How do you mean dodgy meds routine? :huh:

pulisa
26-03-18, 20:24
I meant with the risperidone. Is anyone actually helping you by monitoring your use of it and dosage? Your psych doesn't seem interested yet it's an anti psychotic being used for your bipolar episodes. You don't seem to be getting any support at all-just take the risperidone as needed?
I apologise if I have got this wrong and you have regular appointments to assess how you are doing and if any of the side effects of the drug are troubling.

phil06
26-03-18, 20:30
I meant with the risperidone. Is anyone actually helping you by monitoring your use of it and dosage? Your psych doesn't seem interested yet it's an anti psychotic being used for your bipolar episodes. You don't seem to be getting any support at all-just take the risperidone as needed?
I apologise if I have got this wrong and you have regular appointments to assess how you are doing and if any of the side effects of the drug are troubling.

Yes I go for like yearly appointments as I had an episode in 2016. He cut them
Back as I’ve been better he said today I can take more if need be.

I started taking propranolol again as it seems more anxiety related how I feel..

KK77
26-03-18, 20:38
Perhaps you could opt for an electric ceramic hob when you can afford to fit new kitchen. Easier to clean as well.

I wasn't aware that risperidone was a med you could just increase and decrease depending on how you felt. Surely it has to be done gradually and would otherwise cause withdrawal symptoms or possible relapse like ADs if done too quickly?

phil06
26-03-18, 20:39
Perhaps you could opt for an electric ceramic hob when you can afford to fit new kitchen. Easier to clean as well.

I wasn't aware that risperidone was a med you could just increase and decrease depending on how you felt. Surely it has to be done gradually and would otherwise cause withdrawal symptoms like ADs if done too quickly?

I was ok when I withdrew it before when I was on a higher dose I was bit depressed.

venusbluejeans
26-03-18, 20:41
This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

Emmz

pulisa
26-03-18, 20:47
Yes I go for like yearly appointments as I had an episode in 2016. He cut them
Back as I’ve been better he said today I can take more if need be.

I started taking propranolol again as it seems more anxiety related how I feel..

Yearly appointments with bipolar? So you are meant to decide for yourself whether you need to take more meds? I would ask to see the psych on a more regular basis-risperidone needs to be carefully monitored.

Do you think you have bipolar episodes or is it more of a GAD/OCD scenario with acute episodes?

phil06
26-03-18, 20:50
Yearly appointments with bipolar? So you are meant to decide for yourself whether you need to take more meds? I would ask to see the psych on a more regular basis-risperidone needs to be carefully monitored.

Do you think you have bipolar episodes or is it more of a GAD/OCD scenario with acute episodes?

I had one bipolar episode in 2005 and one in 2016.

After it I suffered bad anxiety and it passed. When I get stressed I get bad anxiety and get depersonalisation, panic, agrophobia and also suffer ocd.

So yes I’d say more anxiety related stuff

pulisa
26-03-18, 20:54
It might be an idea to get another assessment. There may be better meds to help you manage your anxiety/OCD?

phil06
26-03-18, 20:57
It might be an idea to get another assessment. There may be better meds to help you manage your anxiety/OCD?

I take propranolol however at my worst I had dizepam. I don’t think they give that out easy though.

pulisa
26-03-18, 21:01
I suppose you haven't been prescribed SSRI/SNRIs because of the bipolar?

phil06
26-03-18, 21:16
I suppose you haven't been prescribed SSRI/SNRIs because of the bipolar?

Yep they said I could have that.

pulisa
27-03-18, 08:19
So it's been left that you "could" have bipolar? I think I'd want to know for definite if I did or didn't because it is a significant diagnosis.

Elen
27-03-18, 09:54
Hi Pulisa, Phil lives in the same area as myself and his experience with his psychiatrist is very similar to my own.

Appointments are basically used to prescribe meds and nothing else.

It is very frustrating.

Based on what you have said Phil I do think that Pulisa is correct and a proper diagnosis and perhaps a better med regime could make all the difference to you.

phil06
27-03-18, 10:55
Hi Pulisa, Phil lives in the same area as myself and his experience with his psychiatrist is very similar to my own.

Appointments are basically used to prescribe meds and nothing else.

It is very frustrating.

Based on what you have said Phil I do think that Pulisa is correct and a proper diagnosis and perhaps a better med regime could make all the difference to you.

I have had a proper diagnosis they are off off bipolar episodes I don’t suffer with the illness daily I just take meds to avoid any episodes ever happening again. The diagnosis was from the hospital that I have these one off episodes .

But I have been diagnosed with having anxiety however the nhs won’t provide theropy for my ocd or anxiety that’s why I’ve tried private a few times but never found anyone good that helps much.

Bigboyuk
27-03-18, 11:45
I have had a proper diagnosis they are off off bipolar episodes I don’t suffer with the illness daily I just take meds to avoid any episodes ever happening again. The diagnosis was from the hospital that I have these one off episodes .

But I have been diagnosed with having anxiety however the nhs won’t provide theropy for my ocd or anxiety that’s why I’ve tried private a few times but never found anyone good that helps much.So ok you have been diagnosed with anxiety, But the NHS wont provide therapy for either your OCD/Anxiety I really don't get this so what do the NHS expect you to do?? Is it a funding problem or lack of provision in your area? Guess you will have to keep trying privately you will find the help you need :) ATB