PDA

View Full Version : Scared about a lymph node

AnxietyGirl30
05-02-18, 10:22
Hi there,

I really need help and reassurance, Around 2 and a half weeks ago, i was rubbing my neck for no apparent reason and felt what i thought was a spot. It was red and sore and i decided to look it up online and read about lymph nodes and of course the C word :( this is when i started to freak out!

I called the doctors and got an appointment, the doctor checked all over my head and neck, and said it was a swollen lymph node that may have arisen from a previous illness, which i had been having colds on and off over the Christmas period. He asked me if i had any other symptoms such as night sweats or weight loss which i haven't been experiencing. He also weighted me, took my temperature and blood pressure all appeared fine. He told me if it gets bigger or is still there to come back in 4 weeks. I left with this but still wasn't 100% happy!

Then i thought i got another one on the other side but this turned out to be a spot and has gone now I've started developing loads of spots on my neck now because i keep touching my neck which then freaks me out because i start to think that i have even more lymph nodes showing up.

My lymph node is smaller than a pea size, it does not hurt anymore, feels soft and i can move it around. Is this node supposed to completely disappear? Should i expect to still be able to feel it? It hasn't grown in size at all it decreased in size from when it first appeared. I just don't know what to think i have extreme health anxiety and i am awaiting CBT.

I am going back to the doctors on Wednesday because i need answers and reassurance! Its driving me insane i feel ill and cannot think about anything else, its completely destroying my life.

jojo2316
05-02-18, 15:09
Honesty: it sounds fine!

Leslie735
06-02-18, 15:01
If it is decreasing then you are fine. I wouldn't worry at all.

AnxietyGirl30
07-02-18, 13:01
Well I called my doctor because my anxiety is sky high. I’ve had no change with the node but my anxiety is giving me terrible thoughts! Had to wait for a call back from doctor which resulted in 4 and a half hours of me waiting and stressing. He said he is not concerned and neither should i be but he has booked me a review for the 21st Feb because of how worried I am. I feel a little better not going to say I’m completely ok but that’s what anxiety does.

So keen to start cbt but waiting for an appointment still.

Fishmanpa
07-02-18, 13:04
So keen to start cbt but waiting for an appointment still.

In the mean time, why not download the FREE CBT (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211324) course here and do some homework?

Positive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
07-02-18, 14:52
Thank you for that I will have a look :)

AnxietyGirl30
18-02-18, 12:57
Hi again guys!

Really wish I wasn’t having to post on here but I’m just out of mind with worry. The lymph node is still there and hasn’t disappeared and it’s been 4 weeks since it first appeared. I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday and I’m terrified, I hope I’m going to be told it’s all ok and nothing to worry about. It hasn’t changed in size, still the same in every way I just don’t know why it’s there and that’s what is bothering me :(

I was ok for a short while, but now the anxiety is making me think all the worst things! I’m still waiting for a cbt appointment and I could really do with it right now :(

I need help!

Fishmanpa
18-02-18, 13:49
Tell me about some of what you learned downloading, reading and working on the FREE CBT download. What specific worksheet would help you here?

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
18-02-18, 14:15
I know 100% how you feel right now. I have a lymph node just as you described on the lower left side of my neck. I first noticed it 4 weeks ago, too. I saw my Dr and had an ultrasound and followed up with an ENT. The ENT wasn't concerned but he wants me to have it rescanned in May. Mine measured 9.7 mm x 4.1mm on ultrasound. Feels like you say, smaller than a pea and it's soft and moves. I get the same fears and don't know why it won't go away. My last cold was beginning of December. Feel free to PM me, I know how you feel.

Kiko22
19-02-18, 10:21
You're fine do not worry.
I have 2 lymphnodes on my neck and a lynohnode under my chin. It happens when you have flu , a cold, or even an allergy ( that is my case)
I have a friend and he had lynphoma at 16 years old (now he is 38 and full of life) and he said to me "when the lynphnode is bad you know it .. mine was like a golf ball and kept growing!I could clearly see it"
So don't be scared...you're fine:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

You're fine do not worry.
I have 2 lymphnodes on my neck and a lymphnode under my chin. It happens when you have flu , a cold, or even an allergy ( that is my case)
I have a friend and he had lymphoma at 16 years old (now he is 38 and full of life) and he said to me "when the lymphnode is bad you know it .. mine was like a golf ball and kept growing!I could clearly see it"
So don't be scared...you're fine:yesyes:

anxious848
19-02-18, 15:17
I've had a lymph node in my groin for 11 months now.

I've had 2 ultrasounds confirm it was enlarged but reactive. It happens. I totally understand the worry, but we automatically dread the absolute worst. I was terrified since mine was and is still visible, I thought it must have been huge and definitely cancer. But, it was only 1.5cm x 0.4mm. Not a big one at all.

I think doctors are pretty good at determining what needs follow up or additional testing. My doctor told me if he had any thought that this wasn't reactive then I'd be off for a biopsy right away. I think they try to err on the side of caution in most cases. For me, the key has been finding a doctor that I trust. That's made all the difference.

AnxietyGirl30
20-02-18, 14:40
I have doctors appointment tomorrow finally! After so many attempts to get a physical appointment no one where i speak to doctor over the phone, i honestly dont know how they can help you if they dont actually see you.

I just want to be told im ok and if im not ok can i please get on with making me ok again this is so frustrating and scary. I cant cope with it all i just want my life back :(

Fishmanpa
20-02-18, 14:43
I'll have the "Told ya so gang" on standby :D

Positive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
20-02-18, 14:56
I'll have the "Told ya so gang" on standby :D

Positive thoughts

I really hope so Fishmanpa!!

I called therapy people again as they hadn’t contacted me apparently I’m on a waiting list and therapist will call to give me an update soon. Waiting is so hard when you are desperate for help.

Fishmanpa
20-02-18, 16:06
Waiting is so hard when you are desperate for help.

In the mean time, why not download the FREE CBT (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211324) course here and do some homework?

Positive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
21-02-18, 16:01
Hi,

So I went to the doctors and said lymph node was normal and nothing to worry about. He said it is same size as the one on the other side. He explained to me a bit about lymph nodes and was so lovely and reassured me so much. He said no need to come back unless obviously it grew massive or I couldn’t swallow or got any obvious symptoms such as night sweats and losing weight. So I’m a very happy girl however I know I still need help with my anxiety so will be going to therapy once they give me the call. I’m on a waiting list anyway so it’s a start. I want to say thank you to fishmanpa, and you can say told ya so to me now lol.

Leslie735
21-02-18, 16:39
YAY! :yesyes::yesyes:

Fishmanpa
21-02-18, 17:01
I want to say thank you to fishmanpa, and you can say told ya so to me now lol.

You're quite welcome and it's my honor and privilege to say 'Told ya so" :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/Wf8lxu79Yv5za/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
21-02-18, 18:05
Lol!! Your words are to be heeded oh great wise one 😂😂

Kopesy
08-05-18, 19:12
:)