PDA

View Full Version : Can't Shake The Anxiety, Feel So Unwell.

oxoshannon
05-02-18, 10:34
I've posted in the last week about my fear surrounding tetanus. (I stood on a stone, A STONE and got a little booboo as my brother described it but I've been fearful ever since)
Since it happened I've felt almost flu like, my body aches, I feel just so poorly and unwell. I'm convinced it's because I've got tetanus but the likelihood is so low its crazy.
My legs ache, my arms ache even my stomach just feels bruised. Is this anxiety? Is it something more?
I can't seem to calm down, I feel almost flu like...I guess my sinuses feel off too but I can't get my rational head to realise this.
I'd appreciate some rational minds trying to help :(

Chantel
05-02-18, 12:25
Tetanus is exceedingly rare. Most importantly, you need to have a deep puncture wound with no exposure to oxygen to be remotely susceptible. I highly doubt stepping on a stone and cutting oneself could result in such a wound.

Personally, I experienced a very deep wood sliver in my foot from our very old wooden floors that required removal by my gp. That scenario required a tetanus shot and, while I was hesitant (as we all are with ha) got one any way and now have the peace of mind that I'm covered. It never hurts to get a booster for further possible events but I think you're just fine.

oxoshannon
05-02-18, 12:45
Tetanus is exceedingly rare. Most importantly, you need to have a deep puncture wound with no exposure to oxygen to be remotely susceptible. I highly doubt stepping on a stone and cutting oneself could result in such a wound.

Personally, I experienced a very deep wood sliver in my foot from our very old wooden floors that required removal by my gp. That scenario required a tetanus shot and, while I was hesitant (as we all are with ha) got one any way and now have the peace of mind that I'm covered. It never hurts to get a booster for further possible events but I think you're just fine.

Exactly, my irrational head went off on one. I literally just bled slightly under the skin and after days of being stuck in my head I think I was the one who opened up the wound...maybe the stone didn't even puncture me at all.

I can't remember when I had my last booster, all of my friends said we had our boosters in school, I'm 22 now so I should still be covered. I'm tempted to call my doctors and ask but I feel silly :(