PDA

View Full Version : I just don't feel right, can someone give me some advice?

faraway11
05-02-18, 23:08
so for a few weeks now ive started feeling strange. i suffer from GAD and OCD and i take 50mg sertraline daily. over the past couple of weeks ive been really stressed and anxious, my partners grandma who we were very close to passed away, i got some bad news from my mum, work is stressful and its really got my anxiety going. i feel like i keep forgetting things and not able to concentrate, but when i think back, i dont remember having any reason not to concentrate. im anxious about my health all the time thinking the smallest thing means im going to die. i just feel like im stuck in a bubble and every time i think about it i panic. i wish things would just go back to normal. some days i feel great and im so hyper and then other days im at my lowest and could rip someones head off. its like my lifes just flying by and im stood here still watching it all happen around me. i just need to know im not the only one. i just want to know what on earth is wrong with me this cant just be anxiety? any help would be greatly appreciated. x

Mindprison
05-02-18, 23:12
Unfortunately it IS just anxiety. I've had a severe relapse for over a year. I am taking steps to correct it, but it takes time. I've been getting brain fog, dizziness and balance issues, memory issues and the like for a long time now, they got worse 4 weeks ago and i'm in the middle of getting tests done just to be safe, but the bet is that it's probably derealization thanks to severe anxiety.

What i'm trying to get into my head right now by using mindfulness (my therapist practices it) is that life comes with a degree of uncertainty. We can't go through our lives worrying about what is going to kill us and when, because there's no way for us to know that. Being hypervigilant won't stop something from happening. The cold hard truth is that we ALL will die...but if i'm going to die, I want to live first.

Waiting to die isn't living. Are you on any meds/therapy at the moment?

Speranza
05-02-18, 23:14
my partners grandma who we were very close to passed away, i got some bad news from my mum, work is stressful and its really got my anxiety going. i feel like i keep forgetting things and not able to concentrate, but when i think back, i dont remember having any reason not to concentrate.

Erm... bereavement and bad news... EVERY reason not to concentrate. Bless you. Be kind to yourself. Don't expect too much. You are simply overloaded with emotions and anxiety is how it comes out in our case.

Big hugs to you. x

faraway11
05-02-18, 23:23
i feel overwhelmed that i've finally got advice from people who are feeling the same!! my mind just never ever shuts up the oddest things pop into my head and i panic about all of it! i mean ive always been a worrier but for goodness sake anxiety this is taking the biscuit:wacko: i wish i could just get myself out of it and start living again :(

Mindprison
05-02-18, 23:28
The first step is to see your doctor and tell them how you're feeling. If this is a recent thing, then you're in a good position to stop it before it goes any further.

Some recommendations in terms of psychological treatment is CBT and Mindfulness. Even counselling would be of use to you I think since you're going through bereavement.

If the doctor feels that medication would be of benefit to you as well, there's always that route to go down. A combination of Meds and therapy are usually all that's needed early on to stop it before it starts.

We all need help sometimes. Ironically, anxiety is designed to keep us alive as much as it feels like it's ruining your life. Once you start the road to recovery though, you'll be able to keep it in check again.

faraway11
05-02-18, 23:48
thank you for your replies it really helps!

Speranza
06-02-18, 08:25
Might be time to change to a different drug? Discuss with GP.

Hang in there - it's JUST :wacko: anxiety. x