PDA

View Full Version : Nighttime nausea and feeling like I've swallowed needles: IBS?

Apple86
06-02-18, 10:23
Hi everyone,

My anxiety has been on the rise for many months now and over the past 2.5 weeks it seems to have manifested itself in my stomach/bowel.

I've been to the doctor 4 times in the past 2 weeks and they don't seem interested in running any gastric tests (e.g. endoscopy) even though 2 of them said I had gastric problems. Yesterday they just put me on beta blockers as my heart rate was 120.

Last night I was awake all night with intense nausea and stabbing pains in my mid abdo region: it felt like I'd swallowed needles and they were stabbing me from inside. I'd had trapped wind in the evening and had eaten 2 meals quite close together and hadn't been able to go to the toilet to relieve it. I'm getting these kind of symptoms alot - stabbing pains and nausea. Does this sound like IBS? I'm concerned that it's something worse as I've got no diarrhoea or constipation - just going to the toilet more often than normal.

I'm considering going to a private gastroenterologist but I can't really afford it as I'm a student.

Thanks for your time,

Mom2FourKiddos
06-02-18, 18:29
Yes, it sounds so familiar! I'm having the same issues and worries. My pains are mostly on my right side and are more dull but a stabbing pain and come and go quickly. I have had terrible anxiety since June of last year and the past 4 months with this new pain is making it so much worse.

Logically what you describe, sounds like anxiety to me. Our guts really take a beating with all the anxiousness.