PDA

View Full Version : needed to tell someone how i feel!

bluesparkle
04-07-07, 08:41
hmmmm as usual im not sure where to put this... i just need a kick up the bum from you guys! :)
as you can see from my posts i have been doing really well... and yes now i am having a bit of a blip... but it is with reason.
i am going into hospital on saturday morning and up until now have actually been looking forward to it as i have been in a lot of pain for a while and just want it sorted,
anyway today i am really tearful, and i didnt want to let go of my partner and let him go to work(which of coarse he has to) i am worrying about fri eve already as i will be onmy own until early hours of sat morn and what if i feel worse than this ...oh i hate the what if`s. :ohmy: i feel so stupid!
it is not helping that i have this week off work as its my holiday... i am trying to keep busy.
i know there is nothing anyone can do but i just thought if i wrote it down you would understand what im trying to say.
i do not want this panic/anxiety to win :mad:
rach

nanny
04-07-07, 08:53
Hi I can understand how you feel, it's anxious enough for anyone having to go into hospital but to suffer anxiety anyway it's of course far worse!

I don't know what to advise really, as i would be the same as you but i would try to think of being without the pain afterwards and concentrate on that...
When it really gets to you, and it doesn't help being at home this week, sit down take a few deep bearths and repeat to yourself that you'll be fine :) or read, anything really to take your mind off the negative thoughts.

You're bound to be anxious, but don't let your anxiety get the better of you.

Hope that helps just a little bit.

Good luck, thinking of you :hugs:

anxious
04-07-07, 09:13
Hi there,

i too would be the same and all i would do is try to keep busy. Tell yourself this time next week it will be all over and done.
I play the games on here when im having a real bad moment and all else fails.
(((hugs))) and good luck for saturday.
Don't feel too bad for feeling anxious, at least there is a reason for it.

anx xx

Piglet
04-07-07, 09:36
I know it's ridiculously hard but try and do what Pips tells me to do and that is to imagine a lollipop ladys stop sign everytime you think of Sat and say to yourself I am not going to think of Saturday until it is actually Saturday!!!!

When middle piglet had her operation a couple of weeks ago I would have preferred it if it hadda been me but I told myself that anticipatory anxiety was not going to eat away at me and undermine me. Obviously the thoughts did keep coming in but I kept doing the above and this lessened it tremendously.

Our bodies can't tell the difference between what we imagine and what is really happening in terms of physical symptoms, so when we imagine scary scenarios it thinks it's really happening and gives us the appropriate reactions but at the wrong time!!!!

Rach you will be fine hun, it will not get worse, we all know that when we come to the day we cope just fine and it will be great to get this done and out of the way won't it. It's last minute nerves hun and since you have been doing so marvellously well why not view this experience as a chance to practice some of your coping techniques so that you don't just endure the experience you 'manage' it instead.

It is appropriate to be apprehensive hun - anyone would be, infact it is a sensible reaction so don't think 'oh oh this is me being panicky cos it's not. We are allowed normal reactions the same as anyone else but it would help you a great deal to not allow yourself to think on it too much. Perhaps another method would be to give yourself 10 mins each day to worry about it - write down your fears on a peice of paper and the rational conclusions - sometimes when things are out of our heads and either said outloud or written they don't seem to assume the massive proportions and you can keep a calmer perspective.

You can do this cos you are a very very capable person! :hugs:

Piglet :flowers:

Quirky
04-07-07, 11:46
Thinking of you Rach and hope all goes well on Saturday :hugs:

Lisa x

Lindalou64
04-07-07, 12:58
hello i understand what your feeling with the surgery,its a scary thing and i think anyone would be anxious.....but if your in pain and they can help it .its all gonna be worth it...i wish ya the best take care im sure all is gonna go very well for you............Linda

bluesparkle
04-07-07, 13:21
thank you all so much...
after i posted it this morning i felt such a fool having a moan...
but then i thought no its ok they will understand...and you do :)
i have tried to keep busy this morning and i think a friend of mine is popping round later for an hour, i have been on the games here to take my mind off it...
i am still feeling bit tearful... silly me lol
i just want to get it over with now... i have no idea where these feeling s suddenly came from today but i am going to do my hardest to put them back where they came from.
thank you all so much for your support it means alot to me.
rach

Piglet
04-07-07, 14:12
We're always around hun if you need to offload - that way you don't store it all up.

Big hugs :hugs:

Piglet :flowers:

Quirky
04-07-07, 16:02
I agree with Piglet there, offload as much as you want ok. You're not a fool, we all understand and even many non anxious types would be nervous facing hospital so it's perfectly understandable.
I understand you just wanting to get it over with, the waiting is the worst part of dealing with anything often I find.

You're doing well to keep busy and distracted :hugs:

Lisa x

pips
04-07-07, 21:40
Good Luck for Saturday Hun,:yesyes:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n52/ultra4ver/img/hug/024.gif
Take Good Care,

Love & More Hugs,:hugs:

Pip's X X X X

kazzie
04-07-07, 23:10
Hi Rach:flowers:

I know exactly how you feel:hugs:

I will try and explain this so you can understand what I mean!!!

When you think of going into hospital you imagine you are all alone but the reality is very different!!!

The nurses doctors and your fellow patients will be a big help and comfort and always there for you:yesyes:

I had to go into hospital for an operation about 3 years ago and I had the best laugh going with the others on the ward!!!

You will be fine:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

ps hope this made sense!!!!!!

bluesparkle
05-07-07, 09:37
thank you so much for your replies...
i am feeling a bit better about it today...
its great to know people understand
rach
x