PDA

View Full Version : Scared to start venlafexine 37.5mg

honeyp1e
06-02-18, 23:14
Hi..

I've been on citalopram many years now and they have been amazing for me. At first they made me feel so anxious and horrible but good once settled down but now there not working any more my doc has weaned me right off them and have me 37.5mg 'venlafexine to start one a day.. but am so scared to start them :( am worrying with they make me vomit ?? I have a horrible phobia of vomiting I HATE it so much as I really need to take the meds but am so scared :(

I did try sertaline the other month I lasted 5days an I got bad chest pain n felt I couldn't breath but docs said they made my gastritis flare so I came off them so now back to square one n worrying about starting these

ana
07-02-18, 09:14
Venlafaxine won't make you vomit, don't worry. The most common side-effect of Ven is dizziness, but even then, it's not bad. I've never had any side-effects and I've been on Venlafaxine for a year now (I'm on 150 mg). It's a good medication, don't be afraid of it. :)
If it makes you feel badly, you can always just stop taking them. There's no reason to compromise your physical health and take medication that doesn't suit you.

Carys
07-02-18, 09:17
Hiyer, I took venlafaxine 37.5 x 6 a day for many years. Never had a moment of feeling sick. Infact I had no side effects at all. :D

honeyp1e
07-02-18, 13:13
Venlafaxine won't make you vomit, don't worry. The most common side-effect of Ven is dizziness, but even then, it's not bad. I've never had any side-effects and I've been on Venlafaxine for a year now (I'm on 150 mg). It's a good medication, don't be afraid of it. :)
If it makes you feel badly, you can always just stop taking them. There's no reason to compromise your physical health and take medication that doesn't suit you.

Thank you. Gonna try it tonight I just hate living with this phobia plus anxiety / over thinking x

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Hiyer, I took venlafaxine 37.5 x 6 a day for many years. Never had a moment of feeling sick. Infact I had no side effects at all. :D

Thank you am gonna hopefully take my first one tonight xx