PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

PanicParty
06-02-18, 23:35
Hi everyone!

I was so happy when I found this group page last night. I was reading through some of the posts, thinking finally people that understand. I am 35 years old. I believe I've been struggling with Anxiety disorder since i was a child, however, it definitely got worse since the age of 21. I am a Registered Nurse, which sometimes make me feel even more useless, because I feel people expect me to snap out of it and know that it is just anxiety, or in their words...just stress. I use was on Serdep which made a massive difference with regards to the anxiety...but i stopped. I am using Urbanol as needed, which is 3times a day now, and ativan at night. I recently immigrated to Australia and feel so anxious because my GP in South Africa knew me and it just feels like I have to go through tall the judgment again to get help.

Thanks for accepting me.

PP

venusbluejeans
06-02-18, 23:42
Hiya PanicParty and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Jeffers H
07-02-18, 00:29
Hi ya. First off I wish you the very best in your new home. Secondly I know just how you feel about new Drs. I have moved around a bit in my time but never could face changing my Dr. Therefore you are much braver than me. All I can suggest is count to 100 and explain just how it is making you feel and if he is worth his/her salt they will understand. I know it's a bit of a pathetic answer but you never know. Good luck. X

PanicParty
07-02-18, 05:45
Thank you! I will surely have a look. :)

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Thank you! I think that i just what I should do. It is very difficult thou because there are so many condescending doctors out there. As soon as they hear anxiety or panic attacks, they make it of as nothing. So lets see. I am going to the doctor on friday, hopefully it will go well. I am not someone that wants to place too much focus on it and complain about it. I just want to get the right plan, so that I can get it under control and continue with my life.. Hopefully that will be possible.

Roseessa
07-02-18, 17:29
Hi,
First of all wow. I have family who live in Australia and they say its beautiful.
I completely understand how you feel about the doctors thing.
Just try and breathe and tell them but make sure you get your point across as a lot of doctors sadly think a lot of people are lying or just don't believe people so if you have to be kind of forceful and make sure you tell them how you feel so they take you serious and help you.
I'm hoping you get a nice doctor who listens to you without judging.
As for you being a nurse, its actually be in those professions who go without a proper diagnosis and suffer worst so I am glad you know you have this problem and can get help for it.

Carys
07-02-18, 17:53
Hey there welcome PanicParty,

Sorry the weather is so awful here to greet you in the Uk, its very cold and grey at the moment. Make yourself at home. :D

PanicParty
08-02-18, 10:31
Hi,
First of all wow. I have family who live in Australia and they say its beautiful.
I completely understand how you feel about the doctors thing.
Just try and breathe and tell them but make sure you get your point across as a lot of doctors sadly think a lot of people are lying or just don't believe people so if you have to be kind of forceful and make sure you tell them how you feel so they take you serious and help you.
I'm hoping you get a nice doctor who listens to you without judging.
As for you being a nurse, its actually be in those professions who go without a proper diagnosis and suffer worst so I am glad you know you have this problem and can get help for it.
Thanks Roseesa! It is quite beautiful here. Its very similar to my home country, South Africa, just much safer. I really hope that I can find someone that will be able to help me. I've been postponing as I still have some medication left from South Africa. Will soon make an effort to find the right doctor. Thanks for your message.

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Hey there welcome PanicParty,

Sorry the weather is so awful here to greet you in the Uk, its very cold and grey at the moment. Make yourself at home. :D
Thank you! Well I actually love it when the weather is like that. :) But thanks for the Welcome!