PDA

View Full Version : I'm Effy!

Eff
07-02-18, 04:18
I'm a hypochondriac and web Md addict. I've been having panic attacks about seven months now. I just started therapy and I'm starting meds this week. Tired of feeling so obsessive about my health. Clearly, I need a new hobby!

venusbluejeans
07-02-18, 04:29
Hiya Eff and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Roseessa
07-02-18, 21:13
Hi,
How are you?
Maybe starting a new hobby is best, I'm sure the therapist will recommend it as well.
What kind of stuff do you like?

WorriedTQ
07-02-18, 21:39
Hi Effy
I'm struggling with this at the moment too. Thinking about starting counselling. NMP has been really helpful to me this last week. Some good days some bad days. Good luck Effy !

Mindprison
08-02-18, 00:51
Welcome Effy

You're already on the right track with getting therapy and meds but I hope you find some helpful information here!

Eff
08-02-18, 02:27
Hi all, thanks! :) I'm about to move across the country and so planning a big road trip. I'm super excited. Right now that's probably all the hobby I can handle but I love to travel. Stupid health anxiety has me down though. I'm hoping I can get a better handle on it in the next few months before I leave.

I'm to the point where I know it's all in my head, but it's just a matter of telling myself that and then trying to do something else. Breaking the pattern of bad thoughts. This site has already helped me some! So.... So far so good, heh.

icanz
08-02-18, 02:42
Hi Eff,

Hope all is well. I'm also new here.
If you ever need anyone to talk to about anything, feel free to hit me up.

:)