PDA

View Full Version : Please answer really panicking

adambeard189
07-02-18, 17:17
Hello for the last 30minutes my cheeks/face has been red and feel hot my anxiety is making me panic so bad is this normal?? :(

Carys
07-02-18, 17:50
OK, lets look at why this could have happened....I mean common place reasons here...(not something daft and frightening :winks:)

Tell me what you've just been doing, where you've just been, what led up to the red face....

(I know you've just started escitalopram, and have seen the GP for a review this week.)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

I'll start.......
Hot red faces and cheeks can come from; exercising, panic attacks, anxiety, stress, coming in from cold weather or windy weather, being HOT (LOL), blushing, rubbing your face, bending over something for a long time (well mine does lol), colds and minor viruses (a raised temperature), spicy foods, having a shower, drinking alcohol, menopause (maybe not for you LOL).....

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

You still there Adam?

Louna
07-02-18, 18:04
I always get super red and hot cheeks when i’m panicing!!

I don’t think you have anything to worry about at all, but positive vibes to you!

adambeard189
07-02-18, 18:08
OK, lets look at why this could have happened....I mean common place reasons here...(not something daft and frightening :winks:)

Tell me what you've just been doing, where you've just been, what led up to the red face....

(I know you've just started escitalopram, and have seen the GP for a review this week.)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

I'll start.......
Hot red faces and cheeks can come from; exercising, panic attacks, anxiety, stress, coming in from cold weather or windy weather, being HOT (LOL), blushing, rubbing your face, bending over something for a long time (well mine does lol), colds and minor viruses (a raised temperature), spicy foods, having a shower, drinking alcohol, menopause (maybe not for you LOL).....

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

You still there Adam?

Hey there , I was sitting waiting a film then had a little panic about my chest pain again so jumped of the sofa that’s then I noticed it

Carys
07-02-18, 18:14
Well, you 'had a little panic' and you know what that does, that makes you flush and blood flows to your face. The fight or flight response, and adrenaline release, commonly causes flushing. If you were to look up 'flushing/red face and panic attack/anxiety you'd get an answer like this...

The fight or flight response is a complex set of reactions that can be caused by fear and by anxiety. Flushing, or reddening of the face and/or other body parts, is one of the many side effects of these reactions.

Its a normal, and expected response. Splash a little cool water on your face, that might help.