PDA

View Full Version : Struggled at work today

phil06
07-02-18, 21:14
Today I struggled to work I felt stressed anxious and tense and had some like depersonalization feelings and unreal ect.

I have house on market and feel stressed. Symptoms I’ve had are like tension round my forehead and side? Anybody had this? I had a breakdown in 2016 so I don’t want to get stressed again. I missed out on a property but seen another one today but if i miss out I may take house off market as it’s proving too stressful.

WorriedTQ
07-02-18, 21:56
Hi Phil06
Sorry to hear you've had a bad day. I can sympathise as I've been struggling too at work recently. I'm a lawyer so need to be switched on but some days my brain just isn't working for me ... lack of focus, dizzy spells etc. I too have intermittant headaches which come and go. I have health anxiety at the moment so I probably don't need to express the intrusive thoughts I get about the headaches. I do know however the pain comes when I feel most stressed and am trying too hard to function as normal. You are probably putting way too much stress on yourself. Calm. Breathe. You'll be Ok! You recognise you don't want to go back to your dark place when you had your breakdown... same thing for me in 2015. Recognising that is positive because you can think about how you can remain calm so things don't spiral. Best of luck getting better.

phil06
08-02-18, 07:53
Yes it feels horrible the stress but it does pass right?

I can always go on sick at work but it I secure another house perhaps that would lift my stress? I may have travel costs if I move out with area though.

Also I never slept well last night too.

Ferrolix
08-02-18, 09:08
Yah its like a vicious circle you have to break through. Some times nice words can help! I hope you will feel better!!!:hugs:

StaffordEd
08-02-18, 09:29
Hi Phil.

Had my first panic attack 4/5 years ago. Had an uneventful day at work came home and then started to feel strange almost out of body experience, every thing appeared distant. Went to bed and then bang. Sweating heart banging, hyperventilating. I got up had drink of water and walked around and it went. I had a couple more over the next few weeks. Had medical tests including ECG and physically fine. Then nothing!!

Last Saturday I felt really rough and agitated. Pounding head sweaty, my blood pressure was through the roof. Sunday was ok but when I got to work on Monday bang the attack stuck again. As I knew the symptoms from 4 years ago I went straight into the breathing exercise and the attack ended quickly.

I am now fighting the mind to try and regain control. Going to doctors for blood pressure test in an hour and I know I am working myself up to a high reading. I know it is all in the mind but it is so real.

Over working the mind with out the need too.

Good luck

You are not alone.

Ed

Croydonbee
09-02-18, 13:14
I’m really struggling today. So noisy and everyone chatting in their little groups. Feel left out again and too anxiety-ridden to join in. Starting to get tearful too. Feels very unreal. Feel claustrophobic too and so much work pressure that I can’t ever take a break. This sort of situation created the panic and anxiety and tearfulness in the first place. Done so much to understand and combat it but it’s affecting me today - that sense of not being wanted and feeling pains of inadequacy I’m scared by it