PDA

View Full Version : RFID Tags in Stores - Panic

starf1sh
07-02-18, 22:17
Hello guys, firstly I have been suffering with tremendous health anxiety for the past year and have been on the road to recovery recently after countless symptoms. One of the triggers for my attacks to begin was actually an asbestos scare...

However, today I had probably one of the worst attacks whilst in a department store in London.

I approached the belts section and each belt has a security tag on it and there was over 40 or so. Me and my wife heard this constant clicking sound and could not understand where it was coming from. Now the tags had holes on them which looked like a speaker but this just sounded odd as I was not able to pin point where the sound was coming from. So I google RF due my anxieties and behold there is something called RF hearing which sounds like clicks when you come across high amounts of it. I just couldn't believe it, would a major department store really do this do customers and employees? There was also an Air Conditioner above but I have not heard a sound like that from one.

Now unfortunately I do not have any friends who are department store employees but surely other employees have witnessed this. Do these tags make sounds like this or did this store have dangerously high amounts of RF? There is really not much on this online either.

If someone could be of help as this is bringing back my anxiety attacks. This site has helped me relax on so many occasions before.

Thank you.

axolotl
07-02-18, 22:19
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about... What's RF?

O_O
07-02-18, 22:36
Hello guys, firstly I have been suffering with tremendous health anxiety for the past year and have been on the road to recovery recently after countless symptoms. One of the triggers for my attacks to begin was actually an asbestos scare...

However, today I had probably one of the worst attacks whilst in a department store in London.

I approached the belts section and each belt has a security tag on it and there was over 40 or so. Me and my wife heard this constant clicking sound and could not understand where it was coming from. Now the tags had holes on them which looked like a speaker but this just sounded odd as I was not able to pin point where the sound was coming from. So I google RF due my anxieties and behold there is something called RF hearing which sounds like clicks when you come across high amounts of it. I just couldn't believe it, would a major department store really do this do customers and employees? There was also an Air Conditioner above but I have not heard a sound like that from one.

Now unfortunately I do not have any friends who are department store employees but surely other employees have witnessed this. Do these tags make sounds like this or did this store have dangerously high amounts of RF? There is really not much on this online either.

If someone could be of help as this is bringing back my anxiety attacks. This site has helped me relax on so many occasions before.

Thank you.

Don't worry. My job relates to the testing of such products to ensure they don't produce dangerously high levels of radiation. RF products can only be marketed or used in the UK if they've undergone stringent tests to specific standards to ensure that they don't emit dangerous levels of radiation. You're at no risk at all from any commercial product.

I have no idea what the clicking was. I've never heard of anything like that before. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't caused by RF.

starf1sh
07-02-18, 23:22
O_O Thank you for that thoughtful reply, it's re-assuring. My mind is all over the place with paranoia and what not so I really freaked out.