PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Headphones Cancer?

Megan99
08-02-18, 04:41
I've been using wireless bluetooth headphones for a while now. There's a lot of contradicting news articles on wether or not bluetooth radiation directly into your ears can cause brain tumors or other kinds of cancers. I'm scared. i use these headphones for hours at a time sometimes. Been doing that for about a year now.

axolotl
08-02-18, 07:33
If Bluetooth caused brain tumours the world would now be at epidemic levels of instances.

Those contradicting news stories will be between real news and conspiracy theory, pseudoscience rubbish. Put these thoughts out of your head and enjoy your tunes!

O_O
08-02-18, 09:09
Lots of posts about this at the moment! I test electronic and radio products for a living to make sure they don't emit dangerous levels of radiation. Bluetooth products need to undergo a type of testing called SAR testing (among many other tests) to make sure that people won't be at risk while using the product.

To be legally sold in the US the product must have undergone this testing. Check the label for an FCC mark. If it has one, you're fine. If not it's an illegal product and you should speak to the manufacturer or distributor!

Megan99
08-02-18, 15:26
Thanks so much for the replies! I guess I can safely enjoy my music afterall!:)

Deltazv1
09-02-18, 08:09
The real cancer is in the stuff we eat, not in the consumer grade electronics.