PDA

View Full Version : If you have bladder cancer and cystoscopy fears please read!:)

Stormy21
08-02-18, 15:13
Hello everyone! I've seen people have anxiety about having a cystoscopy and wanted to share my experience! I myself was terrified to have one! My anxiety was through the roof. I was having visble drops of blood in my urine, burning, and urgency. I was tested multiple times and had no infection. I was convinced it was bladder cancer! I had my cystoscopy a few days ago and wanted to let everyone know NOT TO EXPECT THE WORST!. The cystoscopy was uncomfortable, but you can do it! I felt a little pinch during it, but that was it. I was convinced it was bladder cancer and guess what? It wasn't!:D He said my bladder was very healthy. He told me too much caffeine could be irritating my bladder (which i drink A LOT of). He even said the new body wash I was using could irritate it! It's important to get checked out if you have blood in urine, but try to think positive! I was thinking the worst and it was nothing! I had to wait three weeks to get the procedure done. Before i got it done I stopped drinking so much caffeinated beverages and more water and the blood and burning went away! I also stopped using the feminine body wash. I know it's hard to think positive, but you can do it! Just think of ALL the other possibilities! To share some other stories, my dad was peeing straight blood for a couple days and he got it checked out and they found nothing! Same with my grandpa. They told him it was from not drinking enough water and sitting for too long! Health anxiety sucks, i know! After that procedure, it helped me get over my health anxiety! If anyone has any more questions about my experience, please feel free to message me!

Leslie735
08-02-18, 15:20
I'm glad you got good news and found the source and it was an easy fix. YAY! :) Well done!

Stormy21
08-02-18, 15:25
Aw thank you! Just wanted to share my story in hopes of relieving other people's anxiety:)

nomorepanic
08-02-18, 15:25
I had one too and I have 2 very small kidney stones which they are monitoring.

I didn't find it painful or anything.

Stormy21
08-02-18, 15:29
I didn't find it very painful either! Hopefully others who have to have this procedure read this! It's not that bad everyone:)

tana49
09-04-18, 23:09
Stormy I have one booked next week. Slight discomfort in belly but not constant. Did you have any pain? I'm so scared.

Stormy21
17-04-18, 20:49
I am so sorry. I just read this post. I hope everything went well for you!!

unsure_about_this
17-04-18, 20:53
Good to know it does not hurt.