PDA

View Full Version : Seen an consultant today

Ocaron
08-02-18, 16:35
Well had the typical blood and mucus in stool etc been doctors said it was hems but carried on the same.

So today seen an consultant he took a look inside with some strange thing said he could see mucus and some tiny hems but wanted to see what's causing this mucus so ordered me an flexi sigmoidoscopy and an MRI

What's worrying me now though why the MRI? I thought you get one of them when they find something wrong?

Mom2FourKiddos
08-02-18, 19:54
I had this weird tiny lump right by my ankle. Smaller than a pea. It was attached to the skin underneath and didn't move. My Dr ordered an MRI for it because he had no clue what it was. None. It was so tiny, it wasn't even visible on the MRI. I was so scared it was something terrible. My Dr wasn't concerned at all and said sometimes things just can't be explained.

And the lump was there for a few months. And it went away on it's own. I stopped paying any attention to it and a few weeks had gone by. It crossed my mind, I reached down to check it and it was gone.

My point is, my Dr wasn't concerned but he was curious. He didn't suspect anything terrible, but wanted to see if it was visible on an MRI. :shrug: Sometimes they really are just curious but don't fear something bad.