PDA

View Full Version : Probably time to do an intro...

northern_sky
04-07-07, 14:28
So... 9 weeks ago I thought I was having a heart attack (38 f v overweight drinker), ambulance was called and very high blood pressure was diagnosed.

Even after an ECG I still thought I was about to have a H.A. I then had another ECG at the doctors again the result was fine. I still felt ill (chest pains dead legs arm pains anxiety extreme tiredness) the doc gave me BP tablets and suggested I was panicking.

I've always been anxious and have had (self diagnosed) OCD all my life but never thought of myself as having panic attacks (I wasn't quite sure what they were to be honest) I still don't know if I do. I have had 2 'attacks' since (both day after drinking alcohol) that make me bed ridden/think I'm having a heart attack with palpitations and dead legs etc and this makes me extremely anxious for up to one/two weeks each time. Both times I've tried to tell myself this has happened before and I survived it etc.

I've given up drinking each time for about a week then slowly started again. I know this time I really have to stop.

I live with family and am fairly lonely I don't like meeting people and am quite low at the mo can't even get out to my weigh****chers meeting, too many people. :blush:

I'm on income support due to anxiety/depression anyway and haven't worked for years. I'm not currently on anti d's.

Hi anyway! :blush: Hope some of this makes sense... I'm back at the docs tomorrow this makes me anxious... :blush:

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

manmoor
04-07-07, 15:05
Hi Northern Star,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Zanxiety
04-07-07, 15:07
Howdy northern-sky, and huge welcome to the great site.:D

It seems as though you're suffering from Panic Attacks as many people on here who get Panic Attacks feel like they get a heart attack but don't since they haven't died from one, and panic makes your heart beat faster.

Do make sure you try to give up drinking again as technically it does make you feel worse, not better, particularly when achocohol is in fact a slight poison and can cause damage to the brain.

Good luck with the doctor apointment tommorrow and hope you do well.

Awfully sorry if I'm blabbering on a bit. This site however has lot's of useful information and superb surport from many members on here to help people suffering from all sorts of anxiety problems such as this.

Look after yourself and take care from Zan.:winks:

trac67
04-07-07, 15:14
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

groovygranny
04-07-07, 17:14
Hello Northern Star :welcome:to you!

Don't worry you'll find plenty of help and support here!

All the best for the appointment tomorrow :)

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Southern_Belle
04-07-07, 17:27
Hi Northern Sky,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many here who feel exactly like you do and will get alot of support. Good luck at the doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Laura

northern_sky
04-07-07, 18:46
Thanks all. :)

nomorepanic
04-07-07, 20:43
Hi and welcome aboard.

Lovely to see you here.

Lindalou64
04-07-07, 21:40
hi nothernsky and welcome,
i gave up the drinking also because it made my panic attck so so much worse i wish ya the best and good luck at ya doc appt..............Linda

honeybee3939
05-07-07, 19:17
Hi Northern Sky

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, i hope we can be of some help.:)

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Pink Princess
06-07-07, 11:48
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx