PDA

View Full Version : Need serious help, can anyone advice? Blood stool question please help with tips

Alba95
08-02-18, 22:40
This is my first ever post, I have been a reader of this forum for many years. has helped me so much.

my health anxiety has reached so high this past year. 2 months ago i had tummy trouble, which led me to have loose mucus stool, my stools went back to normal. However since i googled it, I became fixated with my stool and checking for anything abnormal. Since that day I check my stools carefully with a chopstick, day in and day out. So last week I noticed minuscule traces of blood mixed with mucus on the surface of my stool, which sent me into a horrible breakdown. Any normal human being would have never noticed it, but i did as i was searching and analysing my stool.I had it again, so i went to the gp, she did a rectal exam said everything was okay (she noticed constipated in my anal canal) she prescribed me hemmorid cream and laxatives and supposirtries. One week passed, I had it again today. I havent stopped crying for the past 5 hours. I really have become so consumed with this blood in my stool. its all i think about. i read stories every hour of the day about Bowel cancer . I keep searching online for hours and hours. I have no other symtopms, my stool is usually constapited on occasion. I also have a low ferrtin count but I have had this numerous occasions since i was 15 due to period and lack of meat in diet

She also stated checking my stool everyday & picking it apart is a very serious OCD form. Picking apart my stool and checking for blood has been the worst thing i have done in my life. it has made me sick with worry and anixety. i am 22 years old, I have never felt so low in my entire life, crying as write this. The blood i see is not obvious, I have LOOK for it to find it (if that makes sense) It doesnt coat the toliet or my tissue. I manually look at my stool with a flash, thats when i noticed it. It sounds manic I know, but it has destroyed these past two months. Now I have found blood, I have just lost it. Quit my job and havent left my house in 2 weeks. I keep crying and my family are worried about me. Can anyone please help give me tips on how to stop checking and forget? I am going to attach the pics of the traces of blood. Sorry if its horrible to look at

nomorepanic
08-02-18, 23:00
pics removed - not appropriate. I did look at them and that is not blood on 2 of them it is mucus and the other pic was the most tiniest amount ever.

Beckybecks
08-02-18, 23:04
You've been to the doctor and you've been diagnosed with Hemmeroids. So there's your answer. It's normal and it'll go. It's such a little blood and nothing to worry about.
Your actual problem is your anxiety and this us what needs to be addressed. The doctor is right that checking your stools every day like this is a form of OCD.
Stop researching on google and stop checking your stools. There's nothing wrong with you. But if you can't, then go and get some help. CBT is very helpful for anxiety sufferers.
I do understand what you're going through and I know it's absolute hell.
If you can't get professional help now then try some forms of relieving your anxiety. Keep your mind occupied and get active.

samina77
12-02-18, 10:45
Hi Alba,

I'm so sorry you've been suffering like this. I know exactly what you're going through as I have been there. Hemmorroids do this, just keep an eye on how you are and go do the doctor if things get worse but I'm pretty sure they will disappear. Are you treating the hemmies? If they're internal you can get suppositories. Use them, they will help.

Also watch your diet, drink lots of water and eat fibre, they will help your stool to soften and stop you straining (which causes hemorroids).

As for not looking, I need to do this too, I read another post on here that the OP puts toilet paper down when he finishes to stop him looking... think I might have to try it.

Good luck and hope you feel better,
Sx