PDA

View Full Version : Meeting a girl for the first time, need some advice on keeping calm + journey worries

AGlitchedPixel
09-02-18, 14:40
Greetings! I'm new to this site my name is Daniel!

For over a month now I've been talking to a girl online, we are getting on so well! It's been absolutely wonderful talking to her. We both like the same things and have so much in common! We both want a relationship and have been talking of meeting next week for the first time!

Of course the talk of meeting gets my heart racing! If course it's natural to be nervous on your first date but I have anxiety on top of that! Not only meeting anxiety but also the traveling! I don't know what's considered to be a long distance relationship but her place is about a 25 minute Uber drive away! Not far but this place is new to me, and the thought of going somewhere I've never been scares me to death. I can't drive yet so I'll be just getting an Uber.

I'm so worried that I'm going to let my anxiety get the better of me and end up cancelling on her, of course I don't want to do that! I want to meet her! I want to spend time with her! I need to push myself but I don't know how! I need some help, encouragement and motivation! Had anybody had a similar experience and how did it go? Any tips on how to push back my worries would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to listen!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

vicky23
09-02-18, 16:31
Hi,
I have met in person several people that I started chatting to online and every time was nerve wracking! But the last person I met I ended up marrying so needless to say I'm so glad that I pushed past the anxiety and went! :D
The obvious thing you could do would be to go to the place first to have a look around so then at least you don't have that anxiety to contend with.
I'm sure she's just as anxious as you but that you'll have a fantastic time when you get there.
Best wishes I hope it goes well

AGlitchedPixel
10-02-18, 20:25
Hi,
I have met in person several people that I started chatting to online and every time was nerve wracking! But the last person I met I ended up marrying so needless to say I'm so glad that I pushed past the anxiety and went! :D
The obvious thing you could do would be to go to the place first to have a look around so then at least you don't have that anxiety to contend with.
I'm sure she's just as anxious as you but that you'll have a fantastic time when you get there.
Best wishes I hope it goes wellThank you so much for your reply Vicky! I have also met several people online, each time I was terrified! So scared I was shaking! This time though is the furthest I've gone to meet somebody but we connect really well! Like I've never connected like this with somebody before!

Although, tonight we have been talking, she knows where I need to go to catch the bus home, she's been really supportive. So knowing where I need to go to get back home really helps my nerves, and since then I've felt nothing but excitement! It's like my anxiety has taken a backseat! Though, I know on the day will be nerve wracking!

Thank you so much for your response! I'll keep you updated!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk