PDA

View Full Version : Does he want something?

belle
04-07-07, 17:14
....like go to DUBAI!?
My husband made me this birthday cake today while i was at work. He's never made a cake...or followed any recipe in his entire life...its a good effort. *Apparently* it was double the size until it got a tad burnt on top/in the middle!
The candles on top reminded him of me...lol
He can be nice sometimes...when he wants something.
I am so cynical!!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/girl4rent/BIRTHDAYCAKE002.jpg

Southern_Belle
04-07-07, 18:02
Hi Bluebell,

Got to give him an A for effort though, my hubby has never made me a cake in his life.

Laura

clickaway
04-07-07, 18:23
Reminds me of when we had to make one at school LOL!

Don't think I've attempted one since.

Full marks to him!

Sax
04-07-07, 18:51
:yesyes: bless him he tried

Keep going
04-07-07, 20:42
Maybe he's does want somethin, but us guys do have some moments of inspiration:winks:

stuart

belle
04-07-07, 20:53
OMG...That cake was bloody lovely, the fudge topping was amazing.
He's got a hidden talent (other than playing "Football manager" on the PC!).

The man did good :)
Bless him...

x

Lindalou64
05-07-07, 19:40
Well I Think You Are Very Blessed To Have A Husband Who Took The Time To Bake You This Specail Cake,your A Lucky Lady........linda Xx

honeybee3939
05-07-07, 20:19
bluebell what a lovely husband you have !!:) How sweet of him to bake a cake.

My husband could never bake a cake, the last time he used the oven he put a "boil in the bag!" Rice in the oven and nearly set the kitchen on fire !!:ohmy:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

belle
05-07-07, 20:39
...The cake - is ALL GONE!

We had a funny moment earlier. I was reading the recipe with him and he was meant to make the frosting with a bowl over a saucepan of hot water (i can't remember the technical term). Instead, bless him, he *fried* it together! But, i have to tell you - it was amazing. Fudgey/chocolately perfect frosting.

Andrea..

My husband IS lovely for doing this, but perhaps it makes up for 5 years of hellish verbal abuse, plus, our spare money this month is being spent on him and a day out on Sunday with his friends rather than a little present for me! I made sacrifices for this cake :)

x

pips
06-07-07, 12:13
You did so deserve that cake then girl!

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X X X

Slothette
06-07-07, 12:47
Now make him a nice pie out of Whiskas Supermeat and send him off to Dubai!!.....only kidding but you do deserve a nice choccy cake.

Hope you're doing ok Bluebell.....how are things going with the new pussy cats?

Best Wishes

Lexxie xxx

belle
06-07-07, 14:24
....LOLOLOLOL!

That made me laugh out loud. My husband wanted to know why i was laughing, obviously i couldn't tell him!

I wouldn't waste my lovely cats food :)

The new kittens...well, i still have another 14 days until i get them, i'm hoping to visit them again soon.

x

Piglet
06-07-07, 15:26
Aww how sweet was that!

Love Piglet :flowers: