PDA

View Full Version : ALS Fears #the comback

mihu
09-02-18, 20:34
Today I'm 202 days since I developed calf twiches and very very mild cramping. Saw 3 neuros, EMG, MRI, CT, blood work and everything came back normal. I do have a mild radiculopathy on L5S1. Everything seems ok and I haven't developed only weakness.

4 Months ago I have started Paxil (SSRI) and worked super as I was not concerning at all. I had days when twitching stopped or I barely noticed them and days when I had them almost all day and very very annoying. Sometimes I have like 1-2-3 seconds twitching with breaks all over the place and they jump around but those are still not concerning me.

Today I started to read again some stories (people who twitched for years and developed ***) and the Anxiety is not the same as it was before, but unfortunately I acquired a sad mood and lost focus at work again.

I hope everything will be good again. My PCP insists that they are just nervous ticks which are increased in some periods full of stress, however, I agree with him.

Also, after I stoped benzos ( Which I was takin prior to develop twitching ) due to my panic attacks, twitching went down.

I started to take Xanax again since the last 2 weeks and twitching seemed to increase. Doc says that this might be the issue here as the symptoms are consistent with benzos intake.

I hope this helps somehow.😢

Do you think 202 days without weakness and an EMG with no spontaneos activity might clear me? Should I take another one now ?

Fishmanpa
09-02-18, 20:50
Do you think 202 days without weakness and an EMG with no spontaneos activity might clear me? Should I take another one now ?

You don't have ALS IMO...never did :lac: And no, chasing a diagnosis will only feed your dragon.

Positive thoughts

nivekc251
09-02-18, 23:24
There are also people who ate strawberry ice cream on a Thursday and got stomach cancer. This doesn't mean the two correlate. Individuals with ALS twitch because the conection from their brain and muscle dies. Now that being said... It doesn't take 200+ days for this to happen. So I think you need to accept the BFS diagnosis and join a BFS support group on Facebook and live your life.

Elen
09-02-18, 23:30
Please add this onto your previous post on the same subject
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1760556#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin.

Can posters please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen