PDA

View Full Version : Neck lump

Sampowell542
10-02-18, 17:49
Found a lump on my neck yesterday and even though I’m not overly worried about it I thought I’d still write my thoughts down somewhere and have some feedback comments.

I heard somewhere that when ill the nodes? In your neck can become swollen. I have been ill these last 2 weeks and feeling a little bit better today. The lump is about pea sized and so moveable when I press it. (one of the reasons I’m not overly concerned about it). I’m certain it’s getting smaller than what it was yesterday but not 100% sure
It’s in line with my ear and in between my collarbone. It’s obviously a little tender because I’ve been messing with it.

nomorepanic
10-02-18, 18:06
Yes it is a lymph gland/node

Sampowell542
17-02-18, 16:15
The fact it’s pea sized and getting no bigger I shouldn’t worry should I?

ShaunRyder
17-02-18, 16:37
I found this in an article ages ago and always read it if I am worried over a lymph node

"If you have found a pea-sized or bean-sized node, this is normal. Normal lymph nodes are smaller than ½ inch or 12 mm. Don't look for lymph nodes, because you can always find some. They are easy to find in the neck and groin."

Sampowell542
17-02-18, 16:52
Thank you so much! I save snippets of articles to my phone about things that set my anxiety off. I read through them when I’m anxiou, So this has helped me massively!