PDA

View Full Version : Five year wait now for next smear test - worried about this gap!

JaneS
10-02-18, 19:27
Hi there - I had an abnormal smear test result back when I was about 28 - possibly 25+ years ago. Since then all my subsequent smear test results have been normal (negative) - my next one is now due in 2020 which will be five years since the last one in 2015 (now I'm over 55). I'm panicking a bit about this gap as it's longer than the usual three years but the Doc has said that they won't do an earlier one i.e. this year. She also said that they take into account any past history when recalling for next smear. I guess I am worrying myself silly that the abnormal cells might come back - I am sure this is irrational and my husband thinks I am nuts but my HA will not let this go! Please help if you can. Thanks.

Elen
10-02-18, 19:30
Can you please add this onto your previous post on the same subject

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1760556#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin.

Can posters please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen