PDA

View Full Version : Hello. I am new.

AnxiousForever
10-02-18, 20:54
Hi,

I am always anxious and, at 30, have decided I need to confront it.

I always have been this way. I know it isn't rational. I know it's impacted my life more than I would have thought.

I have had all the classic health anxiety which always seems to be brain tumour, throat cancer or MS/ALS. I guess conditions which have vague enough symptoms that you can ascribe any little thing to them, imagine them and which helpfully have symptoms than can also be caused by anxiety! :roflmao:

I spent the last week worrying I would need major dental work on the sole basis that I hadn't gone for a while, so I googled what I could need, and hey presto I was getting a bunch of teeth removed! (spoiler: I didn't need that). I had imagined all week with the logical part of my brain that as soon as the dentist said it wasn't that bad I would be so relived but I wasn't. I was just worried still. What if they were wrong and missed something? What's this thing with my chest/throat? Why did I drop that thing?

Anyway, hello.

venusbluejeans
10-02-18, 20:59
Hiya AnxiousForever and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Carys
10-02-18, 21:48
Hiyer, and welcome!

I did laugh at your 'spoiler alert' :roflmao:

You seem self-aware of how your HA is affecting you, and the pattern it takes. Now just the hard part, dealing with it......

I hope you find lots of help and support here.