PDA

View Full Version : Anyone deal with eczema?

Mav
10-02-18, 22:17
I've been eating really poorly lately, I'm fixing that first thing tomorrow with my first meal. I feel like my poor diet may have contributed to this flare up, like all the places I've previously had some for of eczema are itching again. My eyes, around my eyes, my wrist. Even some new parts. It's not crazy bad but it's not something I've had for years, and definitely not all at once.

I'm going to first try and clean up my diet and see if it goes away that way, does anyone think it's something to be concerned about? I'm trying to not worry about it. :weep: I'm definitely starting off by drinking lots of water and eating clean.

AntsyVee
11-02-18, 01:38
Remember, stress causes flare ups too.

Catherine S
11-02-18, 02:02
Well as you know we can't tell you for sure what it is, but as AntsyVee says eczema can flare up with stress, but diet can certainly come into it too...do you know specifically if anything can cause a flare up?How do you normally treat it?

I don't get eczema but I do get a rash when my hayfever starts up. I'm also prone to an itchy rash on my wrist after wearing my watch. I try to wear nickel free jewellery whenever I can and take anti-histamine drops during the spring and autumn which does help. But i've never connected it to my diet. However I have read that diet can affect eczema.

Cath

Mav
11-02-18, 02:21
I don't know what has caused this flare up at all, all I can think of is my diet hasn't been great lately and the weather has been cold. I have had this thing before, not this extent but my eyes have been this itchy and sore before and gone away all on their own. I'm just focusing on it all too much right now so that is not good.

jojo0328
11-02-18, 14:07
I deal with what is either dyshydrotic ezcema or psoriasis on my hands often. It may help you to first continue with your regular diet, document what you eat in a week, and then try an elimination diet to see what foods seem to set it off.