PDA

View Full Version : Throat is sore (sorta) is it strep?

Wirel
11-02-18, 01:01
It just came on today, it's just this burning sensation that sometimes hurts a little when I swallow, no other issues present. No fever, no pain in muscles just a sore throat.

Does strep come on gradually or do you feel it all in it's first day?

AntsyVee
11-02-18, 01:16
It could be strep. The one thing about strep is that is HURTS no matter what you do. The pain doesn't lessen with cough drops, spray, soup, drinking something, etc. It's always there.

More likely it's post-nasal drip. You don't know it, but there is probably fluid draining from your sinuses down the back of your throat. This fluid causes a sort of erosion effect which makes the burning sensation. This will not be like the pain of strep throat. It will lesson with cough drops, soup, etc. and often feels better when you are upright, not lying down.

Fishmanpa
11-02-18, 02:06
Strep can be determined by a swab in a doctor's office. I've had it a few times and it's pretty obvious something is up.

Positive thoughts

Wirel
11-02-18, 15:40
update: Nose started to get runny today

Carys
11-02-18, 15:57
A cold then.

BikerMatt
11-02-18, 16:11
Yep sounds like a cold. I had strep twice in 2016 and if you had it you would know it.

jules321
12-02-18, 06:48
My throat never gets sore when I have strep. Instead I get a horrible stomachache and fever. I Feel so sick that it’s unmistakable for a cold - but everyone is different. Sounds like you have a cold. I usually have a sore throat for 1-2 days at the start of a cold.