PDA

View Full Version : The Beast is Back

oceana
04-07-07, 19:23
I suffered from panic attacks and anxiety for 10 years, got over it and had 5 years completely panic free, although had the occasional anxious moment, but nothing too difficult. Unfortunately it has come back again, so the journey to recovery starts again. Some of the symptoms are slightly different this time but I have found reference to them on this site, thank you. One I could not find that disturbes me is my skin gets very hot, goes blotchy and has odd marks on it like spots and scratches, last for a few minutes and disappears. I was on a course of antibiotics which as soon as I finished gave me hives, my GP said I was allergic to them, but this is different and sometimes the skin on my arms feels sore. Has anyone experienced this. MY GP said it is nothing to be concerned about but it is worrying me. Is this another strange symptom of anxiety.

nomorepanic
04-07-07, 20:42
Hi and welcome aboard and hope we can be of some help.

Lindalou64
04-07-07, 21:44
i also get blotches at times when like im in the heat or sun or even in the winter after a shower my doc said dont worry either that it was just a irratation......welocome to the site wish ya the best.....Linda

groovygranny
05-07-07, 14:02
Hello Oceana :welcome:to you!

I mainly get blotches on my upper chest and neck - usually brought on by anx and/or embarrassment ! Mind you, hot flushes don't help either !

I do recollect that when I was having pa's my skin felt incredibly hot and tingly, particularly on my back, and no amount of cold flannels gave me any relief. It went when the pa susided.

Glad you found us, plenty of help and support here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

honeybee3939
05-07-07, 18:37
Hi Oceana

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Pink Princess
06-07-07, 11:32
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

Southern_Belle
06-07-07, 16:24
Hi Oceana,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many who feel exactly like you do and can relate and give support.

Laura

Granny Primark
06-07-07, 17:02
:welcome: Ocean,
I too get very red blotches on my face and kneck when I get anxious.
My skin feels as tho its been surburnt.

TAKE CARE
LYNN xx

manmoor
07-07-07, 19:11
Hi Oceana,

A big warm welcome back to you. xx