PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety and MS

hannybee
11-02-18, 20:57
Hello everyone I am new here! My first time posting on a forum, looks like there is loads of support from all sorts here, which is great! So a bit about me...

I have been suffering from severe symptoms for the last 7 months now, I just can’t figure out if this is MS or severe health anxiety/GAD. I’ve always been a worrier and vulnerable to stressful situations due to a traumatic incident nearly 9 years ago where I nearly died and left me with PTSD (victim of serious sexual assault) I even lost loads of hair once from the stress of moving nearly 2 years ago, and was certain I was developing Alopecia. My symptoms flared upon moving house again 7 months ago.

A timeline of my symptoms:

June:
Severe chest pain for 1 day
Breast lump found on right hand side, freaked out had it checked out with ultrasound. Turns out to be benign cyst. All ok.

July 2017 (this is where i started to lose it)
Perceived weakness in right hand and right leg, gets tired very quickly
Pain migrating all over body
Tingles all over
Tinnitus
Small burning patches
Brain fog
Frequent urination
Periodic numbness in right leg and right pinky
Constant twitching in right thumb, pain when writing
All over body twitches
Optometrist checked my eyes, nothing wrong with them although very short sighted and now have contacts lol.

August: (Now moved in new home)
Started citalopram 20mg
After a month most of the symptoms subsided... somewhat.

End of November:
Stopped citalopram, didn’t feel like it was working.

December:
Dizzy feeling behind eyes when i moved them for 2 weeks
Flashing in left eye when moving it, on and off for 5 weeks (like seeing stars when you get hit in the eye)
Some mild body jerks when at rest.
Anxiety returning due to this.

January 2018:
Perceived weakness is back, now on left side. Left leg feels tight like wearing a tight sock.
Twitching
Buzzing in right foot arch 5 weeks so far but easing off.
When I arched my back the top of my right foot would buzz. Only for 3 days
Periodic buzzing in other foot, also small areas on fingers
When I bend my neck I get slight buzz in my right ring finger. No shocks down my spine what so ever.
Visual spots starting appearing, but only for a second or two.
Frequent urination is back only for a week.

Back on citalopram 20mg now for 2 weeks!

I can pass colour-blind tests and neurologically, 4 doctors said i checked out, nothing to worry about and am now awaiting on a neurology referral, but going to take months!! Just would like to hear other peoples stories where they had all the similar type of symptoms and had clear MRI’s where it turned out to just be chronic anxiety. Just need something to keep me sane while I wait for the referral to come through!!
Also B12 is ok at 479 and Iron is "a little low" the doctor commented. All other bloods checked out and no other deficiencies spotted.

venusbluejeans
11-02-18, 21:04
Hiya hannybee and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Treguard
12-02-18, 11:02
Hi there!

Can I ask when your last MRI scan was please? Have you had one since the above symptoms?

hannybee
12-02-18, 17:01
I still have never had an mri scan, im waiting on my neurology referral to go through which will take 4 months approximately