PDA

View Full Version : No Motivation

KatherineLion
11-02-18, 22:53
Does anyone else suffer with lack of motivation? I have just recently been diagnosed with both anxiety and depression. I have been put on Sertraline (50mg) and I found that it has helped a lot with approving my mood and anxiety but I am now just suffering with a complete lack of motivation to do anything. This includes things that I have previously enjoyed/loved doing.

I don't think any of this is helped by the fact that recently I lost all of my friends (but one) due to my mental health problems and this has just left me feeling somewhat worthless and very alone at times. I know that I should get over this and I know that they clearly weren't worthy friends. I just don't really know what to do anymore.

AntsyVee
11-02-18, 23:38
No motivation is the hallmark of Depression. That's when I know I've fallen in the depression hole, when I have no energy to do anything, and I literally have lost my willpower to make myself do anything about it.

How long have you been on the 50 mg? You may have to increase the dosage to get the results you want.